• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

people on reddit have lots of time on their hands

ElLaEZB.png

MafS9GW.png

Where is the first picture in this series from?

It's really hard for me to believe to purpose of focusing on Audrey if she doesn't provide some sort of "role". I think she is the more focused daughter for a reason and the other daughter is simply for contrast. I am not sure it's a family tie but more of a thing she got caught up in because of something she saw (so maybe the father on law did something).

So many signs point to her being involved whether it's the matching canvas in Marty's room and the wall of the psycho facility where that girl is. The symbolism on Marty carrying the girl who was raped but not killed, while Rust carries the dead girl. The drawings and dolls scene. Marty roughing up the kids who "raped" Audrey and he gives Beth "to get out of the situation". Marty is constantly torn apart by his lack of involvement in his family due to his infidelity with younger women. It is all "right under his nose."

Its funny because her sister is a psycho in the zombie apocalypse.

Is the religious guy in the opening credits w/ the glasses someone in the show? He always freaks me out.

Its funny because her sister is a psycho in the zombie apocalypse.

Is the religious guy in the opening credits w/ the glasses someone in the show? He always freaks me out.

Yeah dude he was the pedo from the revival tent that got castrated by a prison shank.

Pizzolato said in the interview after the last episode that the audience finally gets to see the face of the killer.

Yeah dude he was the pedo from the revival tent that got castrated by a prison shank.

This is the problem when you binge watch and binge drink. I forget these things, this is why I need yall and this thread.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/true-detective-papania-gilbough-interview.html

Interesting article with the actors who play Gilbough and Papania. (Trivia - Gilbough was in the original Broadway cast of "Book of Mormon" - he played the father who sings the "F*** You, God" song. A man of many talents, for sure.) Cool to see how differently McConaughey and Harrelson approach acting. I was also somewhat shocked that McConaughey was smoking real cigarettes the entire time. Also, he smoked American Spirits, even though Cohle's boxes throughout the series are clearly Camel Lights. Some poor bastard must have had to move a ton of cigarettes into different boxes.

This is the problem when you binge watch and binge drink. I forget these things, this is why I need yall and this thread.

I actually think its easier to remember the details/continuity when binge watching

I actually think its easier to remember the details/continuity when binge watching

I binged the first four then took another break and just about forgot every little thing.

So glad that Rust and Marty aren't gonna be involved. From the RS article is appears its gonna be Lawnmower bro and people connected to Tuttle.

Love that I called that after Episode 1. COME AT ME BITCHES.

So glad that Rust and Marty aren't gonna be involved. From the RS article is appears its gonna be Lawnmower bro and people connected to Tuttle.

Love that I called that after Episode 1. COME AT ME BITCHES.

We didn't meet Lawnmowner Bro until Episode 4. (Comin' at ya bitch!). I kid, I kid....

Back