• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

According to HBO, the final episode airing March 9 will be titled “Form And Void,” and comes with the following logline: “An overlooked detail provides Hart and Cohle with an important new lead in their 17-year-old case.”

audrey's family name appears to be herbert as the actor that plays her father is credited as jake herbert in e2. don't ask me how long i just spent trying to figure that out.

You are a TRU Det.

I still don't think Audrey's rebellion is connected to Tuttle's, but I wouldn't hate it if that is the case. The reddit predicted ending that Buckets referenced would be epic.

audrey's family name appears to be herbert as the actor that plays her father is credited as jake herbert in e2. don't ask me how long i just spent trying to figure that out.

Its actually Hebert as in shitty former Aints QB Bobby. Probably a mistake on imdb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2704380/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

The dad is credited as Jake Herbert but mom is credited as Amanda Hebert.

The actor playing Jake is only credited with 1 ep tho, which means he might not re-appear, although imdb cant really be trusted on such matters.

didnt hart do the "promise keeper" thing prior to his 2002 fall from grace? interesting to see if there's a flashback that plays a role in the end. fits in to the above tagline for the last ep.

Maggie seems to be involved in this somehow. Covering up family secrets... I rewatched a few episodes and listened to her from that angle. She asks some interesting questions.

You think that's why she went to seduce Rustin, then immediately told Marty about it, knowing it would end their partnership/working on the case together? She could have easily slept with that other guy at the bar.

it would pretty much ruin the season if she's involved in anyway. it completely undermines the "bad men hurting women and children" aspect of the show.

How did she get that nice ass house she was in when Marty visited her?

ETA: Damnit, Coach O has me thinking somebody that she is close to is possibly involved.

You think that's why she went to seduce Rustin, then immediately told Marty about it, knowing it would end their partnership/working on the case together? She could have easily slept with that other guy at the bar.

Yeah although they had already solved the case at that point and werent getting any closer? Since at that point she was pissed about him sleeping with the growed up runaway tween skank with the awesome badonk.

nqsp3t.png

17 minutes into Episode 7...when Marty visits Maggie...the camera pans the framed pictures on a table in her new house...the younger daughter...Maggie and her new husband...and then Audrey, smiling, standing in front of a painting with black stars.

17 minutes into Episode 7...when Marty visits Maggie...the camera pans the framed pictures on a table in her new house...the younger daughter...Maggie and her new husband...and then Audrey, smiling, standing in front of a painting with black stars.

Googled Audrey Black Stars after catching it on the episode rewatch...others have caught it too.

td6.jpg

Other interesting shots:

http://gothamist.com/2014/03/04/true_detective_revealed.php#photo-1

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that Maggie's blouse was made of white stars when Hart went to see her? Given the black stars = bad symbolism, it almost suggests she's protective. Maybe that's why Hart thanks her after talking about the kids. That Reddit ending would be great too....catch the killers but the problem is inside all of us.

Back