• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

xdgzYWv.png

Does the barge sailing by in the last scene hold any significance? Seems like an odd thing to put into that scene. I'm sure I'm just overthinking it and it means nothing.

People really ran with stuff on this show, I guess the point is its all entertainment. It looks like it really is a pretty straight cut and dry type story though. A child sex cult exists, it involved some higher ups like the tutles, there were cover ups, and unless there is some major twist happening it is pretty much how Russ has been framing it out.

Did this guy have scars? Unclear from my TV but seemed obvious that they were trying to make it look like it was him?

Lawnmower man has a heavily scarred face in episodes 4 and 7. They made the scars tougher to see in 4, but they are there.

People really ran with stuff on this show, I guess the point is its all entertainment. It looks like it really is a pretty straight cut and dry type story though. A child sex cult exists, it involved some higher ups like the tutles, there were cover ups, and unless there is some major twist happening it is pretty much how Russ has been framing it out.

I am betting on some last minute twists...maybe not as huge and mysterious as we conjured in our minds but we don't know everything yet.

This part (the masks) here had me pulling the ballcap lower & lower. It was pretty sickening what's going on, but makes great TV.

How is Errol (lawnmower man) related to Sen. Tuttle?

This part (the masks) here had me pulling the ballcap lower & lower. It was pretty sickening what's going on, but makes great TV.

How is Errol (lawnmower man) related to Sen. Tuttle?

One of Sam Tuttle's grandchildren the old black lady was talking about, a Childress(remember the sheriff) or LeBeau.

This whole Carcosa thing is wack as shit though. Almost creepier than that damn mask.

I also wonder if they will explicitly talk about Marty's daughter seeing the cult's actions as seen in the videotape or just leave us to interpret that she has seen or heard of it, indicating it really was under everyone's nose the whole time.

on another note, the preview for the last episode looks bananas

Don't know if it's been discussed but McConaughey said that he won't be returning for season two. I've been meaning to watch the show but currently have too many shows on the dock right now.

Don't know if it's been discussed but McConaughey said that he won't be returning for season two. I've been meaning to watch the show but currently have too many shows on the dock right now.
It always been intended that if renewed for a second season it would be all new actors and story.

neither will WOODY
or anyone

Does the barge sailing by in the last scene hold any significance? Seems like an odd thing to put into that scene. I'm sure I'm just overthinking it and it means nothing.

what if the boat's name is....... THE YELLOW KING?!

Back