• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True option flex bone offense?

I thought Wake was playing Notre Dame next year.

I don't see why Wake would be expected to any better than 3-9 next year, we're going to be really really bad. Our corners will be fine, but the front seven is not going to be good whatsoever. We're going to be playing with a bad offensive line again, an inexperienced quarterback, an inexperienced running back, wide receivers who can't catch anything, and if Lobo doesn't get fired then we'll have a staff who is completely incompetent at running an offense that cracks the top 75 in the country.

It would help to know who WF is playing before debating whether WF will get 2, 3, 4 or 5 wins next year. ND is presently not on the schedule although ND still has openings for 3 games (which I assume will be filled with ACC opponents, they already have Syracuse scheduled). As for the defense, everyone who started in the secondary for the last 5 games returns. At LB, Chubb returns along with Teddy Matthews, Steve Donatell, Hunter Williams, Zach Allen, Kevis Jones, plus true frosh Duke Howell, Duke Ejiofor, Marquel Lee and Lance Virgile. On the DL, WF will return Tylor Harris, Desmond Floyd, James Looney and Josh Banks and add redshirting frosh Sheldon Lewinson and Andrew Hauser. Again, I am not predicting a decent season. Just saying that those predicting a catastrophically awful season are likely wrong as the OOC schedule looks weaker than this year, and the defense should at least be mediocre.

Last edited:
It would help to know who WF is playing before debating whether WF will get 2, 3, 4 or 5 wins next year. ND is presently not on the schedule although ND still has openings for 3 games (which I assume will be filled with ACC opponents, they already have Syracuse scheduled). As for the defense, everyone who started in the secondary for the last 5 games returns. At LB, Chubb returns along with Teddy Matthews, Steve Donatell,Hunter Williams, Zach Allen, Kevis Jones, plus true frosh Duke Howell, Duke Ejiofor, Marquel Lee and Lance Virgile. On the DL, WF will return Tylor Harris, Desmond Floyd, James Looney and Josh Banks and add redshirting frosh Sheldon Lewinson and Andrew Hauser. Again, I am not predicting a decent season. Just saying that those predicting a catastrophically awful season are likely wrong as the OOC schedule looks weaker than this year, and the defense should at least be mediocre.

I can actually see the defense not being all that bad next year, in fact I imagine it will be like most years where the defense is good enough to win games if it was supported by a decent offense.

A tentetive schedule I saw had us playing at ULM on 8-30, N Illinois on 9-13, Army on 9-20 and at Notre Dame in november.

A tentetive schedule I saw had us playing at ULM on 8-30, N Illinois on 9-13, Army on 9-20 and at Notre Dame in november.

Northern Illinois already has its 2014 OOC schedule set: Presbyterian, Northwestern, UNLV and Arkansas.

Wake is in fact playing Notre Dame next year. ULM and Army are already set. ULM is the opener on 8-30 in Monroe and Army is at home on 9-20. Wake will likely add an FCS school and then they will get Notre Dame either October 11, 18, 25 or November 22 since those are the only four open weekends left on ND's schedule that Wake also has open. I would imagine the ACC has already blocked off most of, if not all of, the October weeks for games unless one of those is heavy on byes or something.

Wake dropped NIU from the schedule a few months ago, likely to make room for an FCS team. Wake, Louisville, and UNC are the three ACC games that ND is playing next year as part of their deal with the ACC.

Wake is in fact playing Notre Dame next year. ULM and Army are already set. ULM is the opener on 8-30 in Monroe and Army is at home on 9-20. Wake will likely add an FCS school and then they will get Notre Dame either October 11, 18, 25 or November 22 since those are the only four open weekends left on ND's schedule that Wake also has open. I would imagine the ACC has already blocked off most of, if not all of, the October weeks for games unless one of those is heavy on byes or something.

Wake dropped NIU from the schedule a few months ago, likely to make room for an FCS team. Wake, Louisville, and UNC are the three ACC games that ND is playing next year as part of their deal with the ACC.

Is our previously schedule 2015 game with Notre Dame still on or did that change with the Notre Dame- ACC agreement change that?

I would wholeheartedly support PJ as Wake's next head coach. He'll probably be job hunting soon anyway.

A FCS team would be better then NIU. With two weeks between ULM and Army, an FCS school and a open date would help alot.

A FCS team would be better then NIU. With two weeks between ULM and Army, an FCS school and a open date would help alot.

The NIU game is off and I'm sure it will replaced with an FCS game, hopefully against a really bad FCS team. Never understand why FBS teams schedule a good FCS team.

Glad we don't have to play an excellent NIU team. Wonder how Doeren feels leaving that squad for this Wolfpack team. Guess he got paid, but wow.

Side note, how great is it that NCSU had that crazy easy schedule loaded with home games, and only leaving the state twice, and they couldn't convert that to even one of the lesser bowls? At the beginning of the season I was resigned to accept that they took the easy route in, but they didn't even make it there.

I would absolutely be fine with it. Love the triple option offense.

Back