• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump’s Own Team Knows His Caravan Claims Are Bullshit

So what is the military going to do at the border? Legally they can’t do law enforcement and it seems like they would be there to try to enforce immigration laws.

Plus, seeking asylum is NOT ILLEGAL!!

Caravans like this are not uncommon, with most dwindling to fewer than a hundred people by the time they hit the US border. But even if the numbers stay large, is the idea that they will try to sneak a mass of closely watched people across the border? Will they bum rush the POE?

Kudos to Shep Smith for calling them out.

Last edited:
Shame the military and its leaders get dragged into and down by this. I would hope it's embarrassing for them, but they seem to be fine going along with this charade. Certainly lessens my opinion of our military leaders.

Looks likes trumps big immigration announcement is to attempt to eliminate birthright citizenship with an executive order, see how that legally goes, the answer should be not well, but hey we have Kavanaugh now so who knows.

Looks likes trumps big immigration announcement is to attempt to eliminate birthright citizenship with an executive order, see how that legally goes, the answer should be not well, but hey we have Kavanaugh now so who knows.

They have Kavanaugh now, so we all should know how the vote will break on the Supreme Court.

Like to add obviously 14th amendment so this really is just a huge big fucking whistle and distraction to change the narrative from his words and actions inspiring extremists and dog whistle immigration and such.

Newest report from Mexican government officials is the "invaders" likely only number around 3,500 people. Roughly 1/4 of the amount of military we plan to send down to stop them. But, they do have that zombie disease strength, so they could overpower our border team. The expected arrival date of the caravan to the us border is late December, assuming they even make it that far.

They have Kavanaugh now, so we all should know how the vote will break on the Supreme Court.

Hard to see how this even gets to the Supreme Court unless they take it just to issue a one paragraph 9-0 per curiam decision as a fuck you to Trump. There’s a huge jump from hand waiving away language from the second amendment to adding language out of nowhere to the 14th.

Hard to see how this even gets to the Supreme Court unless they take it just to issue a one paragraph 9-0 per curiam decision as a fuck you to Trump. There’s a huge jump from hand waiving away language from the second amendment to adding language out of nowhere to the 14th.

Good thing they have been packing the courts for 2 years.

The Constitution only says what 5 or more Supreme Court justices say it says.

Good thing they have been packing the courts for 2 years.

The Constitution only says what 5 or more Supreme Court justices say it says.

I think most of the fear associated with the court swinging to the far right is justified. If given any wiggle room to interpret the constitution in a way that harms non “wealthy white straight christian males” I don’t doubt that at least 4 of them will take it.

But unlike abortion, gay rights, the second amendment, etc. there is no wiggle room here. There is no interpretation needed. I’m not even sure what the argument would be. Maybe Junebug can weigh in and convince me this isn’t an open and shut case, or someone can provide a recent example of the court (or even a minority) blatantly ignoring unambiguous language in the constitution, but until then I refuse to believe there is even one vote on the Supreme Court in support of this position.

While I’m sure there are district court justices extreme enough to rule with the government here, and maybe even some appellate justices, they won’t be the ones hearing this case. I actually think SCOTUS will take the case since the liberal justices will want the matter settled nationwide rather than technically appellate district by district.

So what is the military going to do at the border? Legally they can’t do law enforcement and it seems like they would be there to try to enforce immigration laws.

They are are going to stage a dramatic play running now through November 7th, off Broadway, in the Arizona desert.

Latest report...

2016%2F09%2F26%2F9f%2Fzombies.12321.jpg

Plus, seeking asylum is NOT ILLEGAL!!

Caravans like this are not uncommon, with most dwindling to fewer than a hundred people by the time they hit the US border. But even if the numbers stay large, is the idea that they will try to sneak a mass of closely watched people across the border? Will they bum rush the POE?

Kudos to Shep Smith for calling them out.

I really like Shep's disgusted with life look. You know that after work every day he goes the bar and gets hammered.

"We're America, we can handle it..." :bowrofl:

Newest report from Mexican government officials is the "invaders" likely only number around 3,500 people. Roughly 1/4 of the amount of military we plan to send down to stop them. But, they do have that zombie disease strength, so they could overpower our border team. The expected arrival date of the caravan to the us border is late December, assuming they even make it that far.

The multiplication of fears (lies) associated with this caravan in order to maintain interest (fright) in this story is getting desperate.

1. Scary caravan!
2. Scary caravan of invaders!
3. Scary caravan of criminals!
4. Scary caravan with Middle Easterners mixed in!
5. Scary caravan with diseases!
6. Scary caravan with (insert particular disease we can harp on for 10 minutes)

It depends on what the original intent was. Right?

No, no, no...intent doesn’t matter!!!

It’s all about who gets to decide what is the correct current understanding of what the words meant when the were written.

See, it’s really simple!

Back