• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Committed Tax Fraud & Insurance Fraud & Bank Fraud

10% seems like a lot in an off-cycle city election.

This is a shitty soon to be law, but it doesn’t really have anything to do with Fani Willis. If Trump is indicted in GA (and I think he will be), it will be done well before any DA could be removed under this provision.

What's the point then?
The DA in Athens was the impetus for the law. She is, by most accounts, very not good at her job. Had no criminal law experience prior to being elected. Has had massive turnover in her office that she attributes to people leaving for more money, but other neighboring judicial districts pay about the same and have no such problems (12 or 13 current vacancies out of 17 positions) - some who have left attributed it to her management style and a toxic environment in the office.

Four Superior Court judges sent her a letter basically saying your ADAs are unprepared and fail to do anything in a timely manner - calendars are totally backed up. She’s being sued for inability and/unwillingness to perform her job.

There is definitely some politics here too - she ran on a progressive platform and said she wouldn’t prosecute certain low level offenses. That started it for the GOP lawmakers, but her office is a shit show and just gave them some actual legitimate reasons to seek more oversight (up to and including removal). Like I said, I think it’s a shitty bill, but it’s just not about Fani Willis.

I thought Trump already got arrested in connection to that investigation. I saw the pictures.

I heard he is the most innocent person in the history of the US.

Sounds credible to me.

Back