• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Committed Tax Fraud & Insurance Fraud & Bank Fraud

No, your post, as typical is emotional and overly idealistic. Keep putting that POS on the evening news every night with this bullshit will get what happened in 2016. Get your head out of your unrealistic and angry ass and start thinking about keeping this maniac out of Office rather than satisfying your rancor.
And calling valid posts “dishonest and hypothetical bullshit” and “voters like you” is the best example why I should of put your ass on ignore years ago.
You are dishonest. You want to keep him out of office by not voting for a viable candidate. That helps him. You are a hypocrite.

can someone succinctly sum up why Cohen went to jail but the guy who actually wrote the checks should not?
Because the man who wrote the checks was the President of the United States.

I'd love to hear someone explain to me how charging Trump for crimes could help him win the presidency.

Are there people out that would be motivated to go vote for Trump due to criminal cases against him that wasn't already planning to vote for him? Does that number of voters outweigh the number of voters that normally wouldn't show up but would show up to vote against someone who has active criminal cases against him?

I'd love to hear someone explain to me how charging Trump for crimes could help him win the presidency.

Are there people out that would be motivated to go vote for Trump due to criminal cases against him that wasn't already planning to vote for him? Does that number of voters outweigh the number of voters that normally wouldn't show up but would show up to vote against someone who has active criminal cases against him?
It's bizarro land and nothing makes sense. But strangely, in all of this talk about Trump possibly being indicted, while Meatball is out promoting his book, Meatball has actually reached the lowest point of his popularity while Trump has gained in popularity.

It's a fun tug-of-war between "you better not arrest him !" vs "if you arrest him you only make him more powerful !"

Glad to try. The POS got 74 million votes in 2020. I believe a vast number of those have become tired of his nonsense. But they also are tired of targeting some and not others. If the law was equally applied (as we should all agree here), different issue. Arrest, try and convict his ass. But targeting the douche bag because a majority of politicians hated his ass is counter productive. Go after his ass in Georgia. The charges are much more viable (yes I know they are separate investigations but in Georgia, not in Dem controlled, NYC) and, I believe, besides the loons that would vote for him no matter what, might resonate better.

It's bizarro land and nothing makes sense. But strangely, in all of this talk about Trump possibly being indicted, while Meatball is out promoting his book, Meatball has actually reached the lowest point of his popularity while Trump has gained in popularity.
we live in one stupid fucking country

can someone succinctly sum up why Cohen went to jail but the guy who actually wrote the checks should not?
If you're having a hard time understanding that, wait until you learn about systemic racism in the justice system.

Glad to try. The POS got 74 million votes in 2020. I believe a vast number of those have become tired of his nonsense. But they also are tired of targeting some and not others. If the law was equally applied (as we should all agree here), different issue. Arrest, try and convict his ass. But targeting the douche bag because a majority of politicians hated his ass is counter productive. Go after his ass in Georgia. The charges are much more viable (yes I know they are separate investigations but in Georgia, not in Dem controlled, NYC) and, I believe, besides the loons that would vote for him no matter what, might resonate better.

he’s only being “targeted” because people “hated his ass?” What happened to believing in LAW and ORDER in this country?

You need to ignore his crimes so a different republican can get elected while they all ignore the fact that the entire party gleefully enabled him to amass as much power as possible.

he’s only being “targeted” because people “hated his ass?” What happened to believing in LAW and ORDER in this country?
it's political to arrest him because you're targeting your enemies but also it will lock up an election for him and thus, political

Remember those republican that refused to answer lawful subpoenas from congress? Yeah, law and order.

It's pretty straightforward. It places Trump's victimhood narrative at the center of the Republican primary. Everyone else is fighting for Trump's loyal base. It will be harder to pull them away if they are spending their time defending Trump against these investigations.

As I posted above, DeSantis can decide whether to interfere in an extradition request from another state/jurisdiction about a FL resident. So DeSantis risks hurting his standing by not using his power to defend Trump from NY and GA.

This puts all of Trump's challengers on their heels.

Now it won't help in the general, but the general is a near 50/50 crapshoot and anything could happen.

You keep picking quotes that work for you; what you do best. He’s being targeted on a charge, at best a misdemeanor that has been ignored by Prosecutors in dozens of cases in the past. It is easy to say, then pursue his ass, a crime is a crime. But it only reinforces the belief of why not others. The penal system can barely handle the cases in front of them. They need to prioritize, indict, try and punish accused felons and pursue fines for misdemeanors. Let the punishment fit the crime. Only then will we make advances in law and order.

You keep picking quotes that work for you; what you do best. He’s being targeted on a charge, at best a misdemeanor that has been ignored by Prosecutors in dozens of cases in the past. It is easy to say, then pursue his ass, a crime is a crime. But it only reinforces the belief of why not others. The penal system can barely handle the cases in front of them. They need to prioritize, indict, try and punish accused felons and pursue fines for misdemeanors. Let the punishment fit the crime. Only then will we make advances in law and order.
why is the guy who delivered the checks in jail but the guy who wrote the checks shouldn't be?

You keep picking quotes that work for you; what you do best. He’s being targeted on a charge, at best a misdemeanor that has been ignored by Prosecutors in dozens of cases in the past. It is easy to say, then pursue his ass., a crime is a crime. But it only reinforces the belief of why not others. The penal system can barely handle the cases in front of them. They need to prioritize, indict, try and punish accused felons and pursue fines for misdemeanors. Let the punishment fit the crime. Only then will we make advances in law and order.
Can you name the cases where a policitian has been found to have paid off women to stop their story from coming out before the election and was not prosecuted?

It’s mighty nice of Pops to know the exact thing that the secret grand jury is working on and that it’s only a misdemeanor, sounds like some Fox News spoon feeding just like his applesauce.

Back