• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Committed Tax Fraud & Insurance Fraud & Bank Fraud

I'm guessing they have discussed these things, but I do not have a law degree

The argument against that is that he wasn't absconding. He was the President and regularly returning to NY, so it's not like he fled for 5 years.
But absconding isn’t the standard - it is being continuously out of state. NY’s highest court has held that to mean that “all periods of a day or more that a nonresident defendant is out-of-State should be totaled,” so at the very least, all days Trump was not in NY from 2019, when he officially changed his residence, on will be tolled. A lower court has held that that same standard applies to resident defendants, though that has not gone all the way up to the highest court.

Keep in mind that the attorney's working this case with the previous DA said that they were shocked after Bragg took office and elected not to prosecute. They both subsequently quit and on the way out the door said that they had Trump on multiple felonies and didn't understand why Bragg wouldn't prosecute.

Keep in mind that the attorney's working this case with the previous DA said that they were shocked after Bragg took office and elected not to prosecute. They both subsequently quit and on the way out the door said that they had Trump on multiple felonies and didn't understand why Bragg wouldn't prosecute.

That's interesting.

is he arrested yet
aint-nothing-gonna-happen-nothing-happen.gif

I'm gonna be honest with all youse, there's probably an argument that following the Mueller report indicating that a sitting president cannot be charged with a crime, the statute of limitations was tolled.

I'm gonna be honest with all youse, there's probably an argument that following the Mueller report indicating that a sitting president cannot be charged with a crime, the statute of limitations was tolled.
did the report say that, or Bill Barr "interpret" that from it?

That is nonsense. The loathing of this man is admirable but all is happening is giving this asshole a pulpit for his bitching. The key is defeating him in the election process, not rallying every whack in the country who feels they have been abused or singled out by the System. And limiting his publicity is the best way to keep him from Office. There are hundreds of examples of cases where this shit gets shelved. Singling him out as an example is not a deterrent to what should be the primary goal; make him go away.

What's nonsense is continuing to pine for a republican candidate that doesn't exist. Nearly every single one (magats, voters like you, pubs in congress etc) is complicit in trump family crimes for enabling him. Every single one knows he is guilty of <laundry list> and y'all give him a pass.

Your post is dishonest and hypocritical bullshit. Typical republican traits these days. You want to stop him you vote Democrat to stop him. But you won't because... reagan's misguided bullshit boomer love for a time in history that never even existed.

If anyone is interested, this is the podcast where I heard the things I said in the last page or so. They released a follow-up yesterday that I haven't listened to yet.

What's nonsense is continuing to pine for a republican candidate that doesn't exist. Nearly every single one (magats, voters like you, pubs in congress etc) is complicit in trump family crimes for enabling him. Every single one knows he is guilty of <laundry list> and y'all give him a pass.

Your post is dishonest and hypocritical bullshit. Typical republican traits these days. You want to stop him you vote Democrat to stop him. But you won't because... reagan's misguided bullshit boomer love for a time in history that never even existed.
No, your post, as typical is emotional and overly idealistic. Keep putting that POS on the evening news every night with this bullshit will get what happened in 2016. Get your head out of your unrealistic and angry ass and start thinking about keeping this maniac out of Office rather than satisfying your rancor.
And calling valid posts “dishonest and hypothetical bullshit” and “voters like you” is the best example why I should of put your ass on ignore years ago.

can someone succinctly sum up why Cohen went to jail but the guy who actually wrote the checks should not?

So people who have more fans shouldn't be charged with crimes.

I think my favorite part of the cognitive dissonance around Trump being charged here is that GOP supporters are saying you can't believe Michael Cohen because he's a convicted felon. But he's a convicted felon for being part of the very crime Trump is possibly going to be charged with.

Back