• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump: I think I’d take help from a foreign government in the 2020 election

Four words:

“True Believer”
“Trump Supporter”

Trump said the quiet part out loud. Republicans are definitely planning to accept foreign assistance in their races where it will have even more impact.

There is very clearly one party trying to protect our nation from foreign influence and one party working tirelessly to block those efforts.

For you independents out there, it’s cant get much more clear who actually cares about the country and who cares about power.

LOL. It should be interesting to see what possible objection Blackburn would have to such a simple and prudent bill.

She said she was worried that the bill would force campaigns to report their DREAMer volunteers to the FBI.

I should note: this is not a joke.

Head of the FEC puts out statement saying that she can’t believe she had to post this but candidates cannot solicit or receive information from foreign interests.

I’m pretty sure they can if nobody is going to do anything about it.

Yeah add this to the list of ignored subpoenas, recommendations people leave for violating the Hatch act, etc.

It all goes back to the discussion that posters have had several times here over the past couple of years that Trump & Company's actions are making it clear just how much of our democracy and governmental institutions are based on traditions and customs that there are lines that neither party will cross and certain actions that no POTUS or major political leader can take without being voted out of office or forced to resign, or at least face major investigations and blowback. Trump has, and is, breaking all of those customs and traditions (and in the Senate Mitch McConnell has been breaking Senate traditions and restraints for years), and it's becoming disturbingly clear just how little can actually be done to stop them, especially if said politician's political party isn't willing to hold them accountable for anything. Which is currently the case. There's no doubt now that if the GOP (both the base and leadership) had rallied around Nixon the way they have Trump, Nixon would never have resigned due to Watergate. We're in uncharted territory now.

Last edited:
Yes institutional erosion while comrade, Brad and the rest of their ilk play whatabout games.

I mean come on, what about her emails?

Back