• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

In what comes as shocking news to no one, Cannon issues yet another bat shit crazy order.

The second scenario assumes that Trump had complete authority to take records he wanted under the Presidential Records Act.

In other words, it's effectively a presumption of innocence.

I love that he can't pay it in the sense that bad things need to happen to bad people, but I wonder if a judgement that heavy will be allowed to stand if it's appealed higher. It essentially amounts to the state setting a punitive civil penalty so high that they can ensure seizing your property. I understand if it's a tax debt owed to the state, or some other damages owed, but it feels problematic that a state can set the penalty so high than no bond can be obtained.
Trump spokesperson claimed he is worth $14 billion. So the judgement of $454 million is for less than 1/28 of that claimed worth. That is less than 4%. While painful, I suspect many on here could come up with less than 4%. So it's not that punitive, unless, of course, the claimed worth isn't real.

Might not happen as Truth Social has never posted a profit and likely never will.
I don't think you understand how profits work.

Slap Trump on something
Get morons to buy it
???
Profit

Two (now former) Trump sycophants built it and gave him 90% ownership. That wasn't enough. He wanted them to give(!) Ivanka a bunch of their shares, further reducing their stake. They refused so he issued a billion new shares, all owned by himself, reducing their share to almost nothing.

It will be interesting to see how Delaware Chancery Court rules on their suit.

nBTgLyR.jpeg
nBTgLyR.jpeg

Finally, something to invest my Anheuser Busch and Planet Fitness hate money into!

Back