• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

Can't appeal without the bond. So the solution is to apply the judgement!

Makes sense you wouldn’t want to loan him money knowing that if he wins the presidency there is no way you can reclaim your money.

i can totally understand him having troubles. american banks haven't given him loans in years. why should they? he would just claim bankruptcy or something to get out of paying.

is there any repercussion (I assume not) for his lawyer going all over TV saying of course he has the money and then it turns out he does not in fact?

is there any repercussion (I assume not) for his lawyer going all over TV saying of course he has the money and then it turns out he does not in fact?
There's a reason why the lawyers don't have to take an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :)

I think if he gets elected he'll be able to pay that off... with corporate sponsors !
85b44f4d-1cd2-4f29-a2c5-08e973777812_text.gif

I love that he can't pay it in the sense that bad things need to happen to bad people, but I wonder if a judgement that heavy will be allowed to stand if it's appealed higher. It essentially amounts to the state setting a punitive civil penalty so high that they can ensure seizing your property. I understand if it's a tax debt owed to the state, or some other damages owed, but it feels problematic that a state can set the penalty so high than no bond can be obtained.

I love that he can't pay it in the sense that bad things need to happen to bad people, but I wonder if a judgement that heavy will be allowed to stand if it's appealed higher. It essentially amounts to the state setting a punitive civil penalty so high that they can ensure seizing your property. I understand if it's a tax debt owed to the state, or some other damages owed, but it feels problematic that a state can set the penalty so high than no bond can be obtained.
It seems more problematic that someone could openly commit fraud to the extent where a judgment of that size can be substantiated by the facts.

Poor people get bonds set against them that they can't pay all the time. Making an exception here seems like it would look bad.

Back