• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

More weeks = more billing. Sure it’s not $3k/hour but it’s still taxpayer money and it looks like he’s getting paid to turn tricks. Even if it was pro bono it would look bad.
Yet she was criticized for moving too quickly.

This is false. The judge cites the terms of Wade’s contract with the DA’s office in his opinion and it’s $250/hr and capped at 60 hours per week. That is a good bit below market value for an attorney in Atlanta and way less than Trump or the other defense attorneys are likely being paid for this case (who also get paid more the longer they work). Either way, it didn’t “look good” so Wade had to go due to vibes.
I just don’t get how legally you can rule against “bad vibes” without saying there was a direct conflict. Seems like the judge just wanted something for both sides.

The judge also addressed that point and noted the prosecution has tried to move the case as fast as possible.
The defense is who wanted to keep things in neutral for the next 1000+ weeks.

Yeah. I've seen it described as "low bono" (or something like that). She got a discount.

OTOH, maybe he’s willing to do it for less because he’s fucking her. Can you not see how this looks bad from every possible angle ? The State is not looking for a deal because the special prosecutor gets to fuck the DA.

“well I don’t think there was a conflict, but my god they’re never gonna stop calling my office and making threats so one of ‘em has to go”

If you read the opinion the judge literally says there’s no evidence of a conflict but the entire reason Wade had to go is due to vibes, which has been largely, if not entirely, driven by MAGA world.

If any “side” had a right to be mad about a potential conflict it would be any anti-Trump people who want to see him convicted. Wade’s experience for a case like this is fairly questionable and there’s an argument that he was only hired due to their relationship which could impact the chances of Trump being held accountable for his blatantly illegal actions.

Because it's not a conflict of interest. It gives Trump ammo to argue to the moron MAGAts who already side with him and already believe it's fixed that this is further evidence of a fix, but this has zero to do with the case against Trump. And it gives the prosecution no advantage.

A conflict would be something like Clarence Thomas or Alito getting lavish gifts from people/entities that appear before the court and not recusing - and clearly no one gives an actual shit about that, so this one where there is no actual conflict shouldn't move the needle. Certainly a stupid move, but the folks who can't compartmentalize or think this somehow means she's bad at her actual job are either telling on themselves or aren't thinking clearly.
Trump doesn’t need any ammo. Yesterday he called immigrants nonhuman animals and the Reff was like “yep, that’s what I’ve always said…”

Because it's not a conflict of interest. It gives Trump ammo to argue to the moron MAGAts who already side with him and already believe it's fixed that this is further evidence of a fix, but this has zero to do with the case against Trump. And it gives the prosecution no advantage.

A conflict would be something like Clarence Thomas or Alito getting lavish gifts from people/entities that appear before the court and not recusing - and clearly no one gives an actual shit about that, so this one where there is no actual conflict shouldn't move the needle. Certainly a stupid move, but the folks who can't compartmentalize or think this somehow means she's bad at her actual job are either telling on themselves or aren't thinking clearly.
Double standards everywhere

Trump doesn’t need any ammo. Yesterday he called immigrants nonhuman animals and the Reff was like “yep, that’s what I’ve always said…”

America would be a better place if we just kick out people like the reff. Would totally exchange for immigrants.

It's really not that unusual in the legal world for judges or attorneys to even avoid the "appearance of impropriety." The idea is to make sure that the legal outcome is not cast into doubt because of some conspiracy. Judge acted pretty reasonably here.

Back