• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

Given the threats of violence that now unfortunately come with any decision that is not 100% Trump, I can see some value in the approach.
What approach?

I wonder how “the judge told me I had to fire you” impacts a relationship.

Nothing good, probably.

Feels like this prosecution has been successfully damaged quite a bit…apart from anything relevant to the facts of the case.

Whatever best facilitates a good recovery needs to be the strategy pursued.

The headlines are so conflicting. It's either "Judge rules Willis can stay on" or "Willis or Wade must recuse"
I think the real ruling is one of them has to go. Trump has likely succeeded in painting this as a political witch hunt for anyone on the fence.

Yeah, hard to disagree she seems to have screwed this up (no pun intended).

Can she just hand this off to others?

He ruled there was no conflict so why is he forcing someone to resign. This is some bosides nonsense.

Feels like ruling someone is acquitted but due to the appearance of guilt have to pay a fine or something but avoid jail

Normally yeah you could give it to an ADA. She should.
That’s actually questionable under Georgia law - for the same reasons that if a DA is disqualified, the whole office is disqualified, it is arguably the same outcome if the DA recuses as a matter of Georgia constitutional law. Nothing directly on point, and there’s arguments that could be made both ways. She fucked up colossally with unforced errors, but playing the ball as it now lies, I don’t think recusing now is in the best interests of justice.

She made a horrible decision and I hope the voters take it into consideration when she’s up for reelection.

I don’t understand how her actions create the appearance of impropriety with this case.

“Fucked up colossally”

Such hyperbole. But I guess that’s the goal. Somehow get this moved to a Trump friendly DA under a Trump friendly judge based on ridiculous bullshit thrown against a wall to save a cult leader.

“Fucked up colossally”

Such hyperbole. But I guess that’s the goal. Somehow get this moved to a Trump friendly DA under a Trump friendly judge based on ridiculous bullshit thrown against a wall to save a cult leader.
That’s the ultimate issue. She had an inappropriate relationship with a subordinate.

The counter is someone who tried to overthrow a democratic election.

The two are not equal.

“Fucked up colossally”

Not hyperbole at all. This was a massive fuck up as a lawyer. bym is right that it’s not anywhere close to trying to overthrow an election. But it’s still a massive (and self-inflicted) fuck up.

“Fucked up colossally”

I'll go with the lawyer having a proper perspective on the magnitude of this fuck up.

Back