• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

I'll go with the lawyer having a proper perspective on the magnitude of this fuck up.

I’ll go with the district attorney over the board lawyer. (see how much sense that makes?)

She made a horrible decision and I hope the voters take it into consideration when she’s up for reelection.

I don’t understand how her actions create the appearance of impropriety with this case.

Seriously ? It’s like a doctor fucking a drug rep and then buying more of her pharmaceuticals. Or a boss fucking a subordinate. There are reasons we have HR manuals, ethics assumptions and rules, and laws.

Its wrong in so so so many ways. She may be a good DA, I haven't a clue, but damn she has zero professional judgment. Its bad enough to be screwing a subordinate but to do so while prosecuting the former President tells me a lot about the type of person she is. Minus 1 for the cause here Fani. She has given MAGA all the ammo they need in a case that should be open and shut ("Go find me 12k votes)". If Trump loses, they will never shut up about the crooked DA and if he wins it will be "look at how I drained down the swamp". What an idiot....

Seriously ? It’s like a doctor fucking a drug rep and then buying more of her pharmaceuticals. Or a boss fucking a subordinate. There are reasons we have HR manuals, ethics assumptions and rules, and laws.
He's not selling her anything. It's a boss fucking a subordinate. It's horrible judgment, but not impropriety in the case.

He's not selling her anything. It's a boss fucking a subordinate. It's horrible judgment, but not impropriety in the case.

Wade is not an Assistant DA. He is a Special Prosecutor who works for a law firm in which he is a partner, being paid with taxpayer money. He is fucking selling her and the State law services and fucking her.

Did i miss something? Isn't it a boss hiring an outside consultant (aka her bf / fwb whatever) to work on the case? If I have that right it's a little different than just sleeping with a direct report.

And, for the record, her selfishness hurt the country.

Why? Who is this move meant to appease?
Lady justice. This prosecutor is an idiot. She did about the dumbest thing I can think of for biggest case of her life. You can’t take risks like this. Ever.

She's a real prosecutor and really good at her job. She just made a stupid decision that has nothing to do with her capability to do her job.
She is a moron and should not be anywhere near a criminal prosecution. And her choice has impacted her ability to do her job.

So if there’s a conflict as everyone says here why didn’t the judge rule as such
Because it's not a conflict of interest. It gives Trump ammo to argue to the moron MAGAts who already side with him and already believe it's fixed that this is further evidence of a fix, but this has zero to do with the case against Trump. And it gives the prosecution no advantage.

A conflict would be something like Clarence Thomas or Alito getting lavish gifts from people/entities that appear before the court and not recusing - and clearly no one gives an actual shit about that, so this one where there is no actual conflict shouldn't move the needle. Certainly a stupid move, but the folks who can't compartmentalize or think this somehow means she's bad at her actual job are either telling on themselves or aren't thinking clearly.

She’s a good DA. She prosecuted the Atlanta Public Schools case with Michael Bowers and did a great job.

Aside from the obviously salacious details of this situation, the reason it looks bad is she hired Wade as a special prosecutor. The special prosecutor gets paid more, the longer he works. So she’s fucking him and paying him, and Trump’s prosecution is the cash cow for their escapade. It’s a situation that looks very bad in my opinion, even if they’re both doing the greatest job in the history of civilization in the prosecution of this case. She should have been smarter than this

Aside from the obviously salacious details of this situation, the reason it looks bad is she hired Wade as a special prosecutor. The special prosecutor gets paid more, the longer he works.
This is false. The judge cites the terms of Wade’s contract with the DA’s office in his opinion and it’s $250/hr and capped at 60 hours per week. That is a good bit below market value for an attorney in Atlanta and way less than Trump or the other defense attorneys are likely being paid for this case (who also get paid more the longer they work). Either way, it didn’t “look good” so Wade had to go due to vibes.

Yeah. I've seen it described as "low bono" (or something like that). She got a discount.

This is false. The judge cites the terms of Wade’s contract with the DA’s office in his opinion and it’s $250/hr and capped at 60 hours per week. That is a good bit below market value for an attorney in Atlanta and way less than Trump or the other defense attorneys are likely being paid for this case (who also get paid more the longer they work). Either way, it didn’t “look good” so Wade had to go due to vibes.

More weeks = more billing. Sure it’s not $3k/hour but it’s still taxpayer money and it looks like he’s getting paid to turn tricks. Even if it was pro bono it would look bad.

More weeks = more billing. Sure it’s not $3k/hour but it’s still taxpayer money and it looks like he’s getting paid to turn tricks. Even if it was pro bono it would look bad.
The judge also addressed that point and noted the prosecution has tried to move the case as fast as possible.

Back