• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

To be fair, some of them really are dumb enough to allow themselves to gleefully get got by the lies. Not much different. Carry on.

Thanks for the share. As an Independent who voted for Fani, I was actually shocked this happened. She’s a brilliant attorney who doesn’t make many mistakes. It’s ashame Roy Barnes didn’t take on the case but he said he didn’t want bodyguards living with him again. What most don’t realize is she’s probably hated more by the African American community here than the Trump Davidians due to her prosecution of YSL.

Fani and Nathan belong in a Stacey Abrams novel.

Last edited:
Seeing stuff online that the decision on Trump's immunity claim is delayed while waiting for a dissenting opinion to be written, which means they aren't ruling in favor of Trump and Alito/Thomas are slow walking the dissent to help Trump along with his delay tactics.

Seeing stuff online that the decision on Trump's immunity claim is delayed while waiting for a dissenting opinion to be written, which means they aren't ruling in favor of Trump and Alito/Thomas are slow walking the dissent to help Trump along with his delay tactics.
If that is the case (could be, but without something like the leaked Dobbs draft, I don’t put a lot of stock in internal SCOTUS rumors), it doesn’t happen often, but if the majority opinion is done, it can be issued without waiting on any dissents.

If that is the case (could be, but without something like the leaked Dobbs draft, I don’t put a lot of stock in internal SCOTUS rumors), it doesn’t happen often, but if the majority opinion is done, it can be issued without waiting on any dissents.
But what if it is so compelling 4 of the Justices change their vote. Best to wait, I think.

I didn’t think there needed to be a majority opinion to deny hearing Trump’s appeal (as in, a written opinion - it would just be a vote). The dissenting opinion would be to the denial of cert. Not sure if that changes the procedure of issuing the decision, but hopefully it comes out soon if they won’t hear it.

I didn’t think there needed to be a majority opinion to deny hearing Trump’s appeal (as in, a written opinion - it would just be a vote). The dissenting opinion would be to the denial of cert. Not sure if that changes the procedure of issuing the decision, but hopefully it comes out soon if they won’t hear it.
Agreed - there may not (probably likely will not) be a majority written opinion, and I don’t think that changes the fact that the majority can issue a decision without waiting for a dissent (Alito filed a dissent 6 weeks after the Court granted a stay of execution 2019). I don’t think it’s likely to happen, but wanted to note that it’s possible (mostly because I just read a blurb from a con law professor who noted the possibility, citing that 2019 case).

Agreed - there may not (probably likely will not) be a majority written opinion, and I don’t think that changes the fact that the majority can issue a decision without waiting for a dissent (Alito filed a dissent 6 weeks after the Court granted a stay of execution 2019). I don’t think it’s likely to happen, but wanted to note that it’s possible (mostly because I just read a blurb from a con law professor who noted the possibility, citing that 2019 case).
With this court, Roberts and the rest of the pubs (even if they agree that cert isn’t warranted on this appeal) won’t agree to issue a decision without allowing Alito or Thomas to draft their manifesto of a dissent. The three dems would need two more votes and they won’t get that so I think we’re stuck on Alito and/or Thomas’ timeline.

With this court, Roberts and the rest of the pubs (even if they agree that cert isn’t warranted on this appeal) won’t agree to issue a decision without allowing Alito or Thomas to draft their manifesto of a dissent. The three dems would need two more votes and they won’t get that so I think we’re stuck on Alito and/or Thomas’ timeline.
Gotta be respectful for the namesake of ASS Law.

Back