• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump, Running Government Like His Businesses

I live in KS. Server and bartender at a restaurant for 3+ years. Made $2.13/hr as server and $4/hr as bartender. Was able to make $20-25 per hour after tips, but that's because I was lucky to work in a nice part of KC.

Lots of states (wouldn't surprise me if mostly red) don't pay servers dick. They make servers earn their minimum wage through tips, they don't pay it themselves. If you have a week where you made less than min wage per hour, they would meet the rest to min wage on your paycheck, but that is hardy comforting.

I waited tables at $2.13 all through college (darryls and bennigans) and delivered pizzas on a golf cart to rich wake fucks every Saturday night and Sunday through college via Pizza Hut . Pretty sure I was the only kid I knew without a car or cellphone throughout college. Thanks for the $1 tips, by the way.

I chose a major I didn't want to do because it had the best job placement. I moved away. #bootstraps

We don't need to subsidize tribble kids and their equivalents unless you're related to them. I'm paying my nieces college tuition whose mother was a theatre major. Go figure.

Last edited:
Darryls and Bennigans? That's some decline right there.

Darryls and Bennigans? That's some decline right there.

To this day haven't had as good of a French dip as that darryls french dip. Ribs weren't bad either. Bennigans food was absolutely horseshit but darryls closed down, I didn't have a car and could walk there from sugar creek.

The day of my birthday after my senior year my dad sent me a grand and was gonna go back to bennigans to get my job as a hostess back (it's not a masculine profession). Took $100 of it and put it on party poker and got super lucky my first day and a poker career started.

Last edited:
Gotta agree about the French dip. Probably the first I ever had. The rest have been disappointing.

Didn't hurt that the hottest girl at wake my 4 years there also worked at darryls, and lived next to me at the crack. Of course she married a baseball player

I have little empathy for poor white people

Makes sense, why empathize when they should all just be waiters at Morton's - a mid level steak house. A steakhouse which would be a top 5-10 most expensive restaurant in Winston Salem.

c5a0c679480d7957dd4cee283e07275b.jpg

Jesus fucking Christ, Palma, just when I think I couldn't like you more you go and post something great like that.

To this day haven't had as good of a French dip as that darryls french dip. Ribs weren't bad either. Bennigans food was absolutely horseshit but darryls closed down, I didn't have a car and could walk there from sugar creek.

The day of my birthday after my senior year my dad sent me a grand and was gonna go back to bennigans to get my job as a hostess back (it's not a masculine profession). Took $100 of it and put it on party poker and got super lucky my first day and a poker career started.

You know what I got for Christmas this year? It was a banner fuckin' year at the old Bender family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said "Hey. Smoke up Johnny."

Its not really a troll. And yes, I really shouldn't be going to Mortons, it's a choice. But when I'm 65 and still need to work, I shouldn't demand more social security to make up for my choices.

The income inequality for native americans and blacks needs to be addressed, but I have little empathy for poor white people, cause that's who I grew up with. My best friend growing up could have went to Ga Tech if he wanted. Instead he stayed in community college and got married to his wife he doesn't like, but 3 kids later he's stuck. Maybe in a couple more years he can save up for a trip to visit me out in CA.

Why would he want to do that?

You know what I got for Christmas this year? It was a banner fuckin' year at the old Bender family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said "Hey. Smoke up Johnny."

[insert rj linking to the youtube clip for clarification purposes here]

Back