• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump, Running Government Like His Businesses

How about letting banking executives and people who made bad investments lose on their investments. People at the poverty level weren't investing in mortgage backed securities. We had a recession because we had lower interest rates and banks were deemed to big to fail. So we fixed it with even lower interest rates for 5 times as long and made the banks even bigger, but I guess people can finally sell their home they bought 10 years ago for a profit. That's good, right? Well except rents have doubled for the poor, that's probably why they revolted in November.

Obama kicked the can down the road, remember that for when it really blows up.

The poors' rents doubled, and they revolted by voting for Trump? You had me until this part.

Not to mention poor people went heavily for Hillary.

I went to dinner last night. Asked the waitress what she takes home in a night. It was $250-$300/night in tips + $12/hr. Good but not great restaurant (Mortons).

You're telling me 1/3rd of our country aren't qualified to be a waiter/waitress? I'm starting to buy-in to #bootstraps. We built the highways, that should be enough.

I went to dinner last night. Asked the waitress what she takes home in a night. It was $250-$300/night in tips + $12/hr. Good but not great restaurant (Mortons).

You're telling me 1/3rd of our country aren't qualified to be a waiter/waitress? I'm starting to buy-in to #bootstraps. We built the highways, that should be enough.

There are only Morton's in slightly more than half of states in the US. How competitive is getting that job?

There are only Morton's in slightly more than half of states in the US. How competitive is getting that job?

Hence why we built the highways. Outside of divorced parents, most everyone can make a choice.

Hence why we built the highways. Outside of divorced parents, most everyone can make a choice.

Nice troll.

To make that reality, minimum wage would have to be $25 so that everyone could afford to go to Morton's.

I'm surprised she doesn't make more than that at Morton's.

Nice troll.

To make that reality, minimum wage would have to be $25 so that everyone could afford to go to Morton's.

I'm surprised she doesn't make more than that at Morton's.

Its not really a troll. And yes, I really shouldn't be going to Mortons, it's a choice. But when I'm 65 and still need to work, I shouldn't demand more social security to make up for my choices.

The income inequality for native americans and blacks needs to be addressed, but I have little empathy for poor white people, cause that's who I grew up with. My best friend growing up could have went to Ga Tech if he wanted. Instead he stayed in community college and got married to his wife he doesn't like, but 3 kids later he's stuck. Maybe in a couple more years he can save up for a trip to visit me out in CA.

Its not really a troll. And yes, I really shouldn't be going to Mortons, it's a choice. But when I'm 65 and still need to work, I shouldn't demand more social security to make up for my choices.

The income inequality for native americans and blacks needs to be addressed, but I have little empathy for poor white people, cause that's who I grew up with. My best friend growing up could have went to Ga Tech if he wanted. Instead he stayed in community college and got married to his wife he doesn't like, but 3 kids later he's stuck. Maybe in a couple more years he can save up for a trip to visit me out in CA.

really?

#didnothavejhmdashighshoolcounselor

Feel free to send it back or donate it to charity.

#didnothavejhmdashighshoolcounselor

Looks like he finished high school, got married, and had kids in that order. As a bonus, he didn't leave his small town and go to the multicultural hellscape of Atlanta to learn from ivory tower elitists.

That's the conservative pathway right there.

Last edited:
Looks like he finished high school, got married, and had kids in that order. As a bonus, he did leave his small town to get to the multicultural hellscape of Atlanta to learn from ivory tower elitists.

That's the conservative pathway right there.

Can't be right.

Or of you were a good friend (you make enough), you'd buy him the $350-400 RT ticket and bring him out for a visit.

I live in KS. Server and bartender at a restaurant for 3+ years. Made $2.13/hr as server and $4/hr as bartender. Was able to make $20-25 per hour after tips, but that's because I was lucky to work in a nice part of KC.

Lots of states (wouldn't surprise me if mostly red) don't pay servers dick. They make servers earn their minimum wage through tips, they don't pay it themselves. If you have a week where you made less than min wage per hour, they would meet the rest to min wage on your paycheck, but that is hardy comforting.

Yes, considering 38% of the population is under 18 or over 65.

Back