• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump talks of ramping up war on drugs. Libertarians still feeling good about Trump?

89 has a lot invested in this idea that drugs can only come to the US by land from across our southern border.

89 has a lot invested in this idea that drugs can only come to the US by land from across our southern border.

I didn't say that. Not sure how you arrived there.

Then why do you place so much faith in a wall on the southern border?

would you rather spend the money on a wall or a modern energy grid?

did anyone campaign on ditching the wall for a modern energy grid?

I certainly see the value in the latter but it looks like US decided they wanted a wall and I am still convinced Mexico will be paying for it one way or another.

I don't feel like talking in circles. I have been pretty clear.

Yes. You have been clear that you place so much faith in a wall on the southern border.

You posted this. You even linked Russian propaganda.

lol the wall is a major piece is being able to control who / what is coming into the country. It will need to be policed and assisted with technology.
There will always be drugs in society but mitigating it as much as you can is a responsibility of the US govt as well as creating a door where coming into the US is done legally.

https://www.rt.com/usa/379930-illegal-border-crossings-down/

imagine how much lower this would be with a big beautiful wall.

and ITC you can't believe that a wall and a comprehensive approach will not be effective.

Yes, Dear Leader has proclaimed it and may not be questioned.

I think it has been questioned for an entire year or more during the campaign season. I think this is one thing that was debated vigorously and Trump was elected as this being one of his main promises. Not sure why you think people were against it being discussed.

Yes. You have been clear that you place so much faith in a wall on the southern border.

You posted this. You even linked Russian propaganda.

I don't really get your point Ph.

I certainly see the value in the latter but it looks like US decided they wanted a wall and I am still convinced Mexico will be paying for it one way or another.

FFS man

I mean 40% of the US believes the earth is less than 10,000 years old. What they want, like a wall, should probably not be an actually deciding factor.

I don't really get your point Ph.

Which is the point. You can't even understand why someone would mock your faith in a wall.

Me reading 89's posts.

This sounds like a good plan, but you have to convince Republicans that it's a good idea.

Legalization and/or decriminalization can be tricky policy-wise, though: how do you think the government should address treatment for addiction and abuse?

we're spending ridiculous money to put people in prison for long (and now apparently even longer) prison terms. spending a fraction of that money on treating substance abuse, job training.

why put a parent in prison for years when you can treat them in patient for a few months? follow up with meetings with substance abuse counselors, groups etc. pretty simple and some people (not you) don't get it. "I'm gonna win this war. big time. its going to be a yuuuge win. Complete."

i promise you mexico will not pay for a wall. u do know mexicans have been self-deporting for some time now.

this. if drugs really are bad, people will stop using them provided they're well informed. cigarettes in the U.S. perfect example.

So you want drugs to be heavily regulated?

Back