• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

Trump doesn't have to answer questions any further than he is because the GOP electorate doesn't seem to care. The only goal Trump has is winning the election. He points out his end game ("build a wall") and people hear it and say "oh that's a good idea and I agree with it, I like that point." These people don't seem to care if it's practical or not and there's no rationale required for a vote and Trump knows that. Whereas in the employment context for most of us you need to back up your broad phrases with substance.

I mean last night alone about insurance Trump just kept saying "Obamacare doesn't work, we're going to let people compete." Most voters don't want to see or know how the sausage is made they just wanna chow down and Trump is just giving them sausage while the other candidates are talking about how or why it's not possible to make sausage the way Trump explains it. When anyone says "how are you going to do that" or "why," it's a perfectly acceptable answer (for some reason) with a lot of GOP voters (in this case - democrats do the same more or less) for Trump just to say "I'm going to do it." People love to have someone take charge and claim they will get things done.

It's sad but that's just the reality of the situation. The Trump train is rolling and nobody in the GOP is going to stop it. For years the GOP has railed against establishment politics, used fear mongering to get people up in arms about Obama and how he's going to be a dictator and take over your guns and the world, and talked about how government handouts are ruining your hard-earned work making you pay more taxes. The chickens are coming home to roost with Trump and the GOP is getting everything it asked for. Made your bed, lie in it. Any conservatives complaining about Trump only have themselves to blame for cultivating an anti allegedly-PC culture and letting a demagogue like Trump swoop in and win the nomination. I say fuck 'em.

And I would have the same response that any liberals complaining about Trump actually winning the election have only themselves to blame for cultivating an overly PC culture and electing a hack like Obama for 2 straight terms. I say fuck 'em, they get what they deserve.

But we're getting rid of the lines. The lines around the states. We're getting rid of them. Competition. Open it up.

And the "it is so pathetic" line was Trumpesque. Nicely done.

He literally didn't understand Rubio's question. The comment about there will be "so many plans" was clearly in reference to private insurance plans offered by providers not his actual policy proposals. Rubio was too dumb to realize that he didn't understand the question, or was not effectively pressing him for the details he wanted.

it's difficult to win against trump because if you go on the attack you become like him and lose the high ground which is your only leg to stand on, because you're not going to win an insult and shouting war with the guy. People are pissed off and like someone who is also pissed off. Who cares if his views are inconsistent with what he's done in the past, all that matters is what you are going to do in office. Like every other major candidate for as long as anyone can remember hasn't also been wishy-washy with any details of their policies and flip flop. people idiotically keep coming out with the same analysis of the guy and his debates based on usual political norms when we're clearly past the point of normalcy

yeah like when they said last night that Mexico said they won't pay for the wall so how will you get them to pay for it. his response? "they WILL pay for it."

and weak-ass Wolf just let it go.

Most voters don't care. They hear "build a wall" and they agree with it so they like Trump. People are stupid.

And I would have the same response that any liberals complaining about Trump actually winning the election have only themselves to blame for cultivating an overly PC culture and electing a hack like Obama for 2 straight terms. I say fuck 'em, they get what they deserve.

If and when Trump takes a 20 point lead with Democrats or a 20 point lead in the general election like he has in the GOP right now then we can talk about this. For now you're just posing hypotheticals.

2&2 I would love to hear about Obama's cultivation of what you believe to be a PC culture. Any sources, information, or data to back up your beliefs other than "Obama is WEAK" would be great.

Obama has been a moderate Democrat as President, just like plenty of Presidents have been before, just like plenty of Presidents will be in the future. To equate Obama with Trump and the shitshow that is going on with the far right of the GOP is off the reservation. Of course this is just par for the course since most of the vocal GOP supporters are in favor of policies equally off the reservation. Let's not forget all this pontificating from 2&2 is from the same person who said he doesn't like hiring women between the ages of 18 and 35. These are the people in the GOP.

yeah like when they said last night that Mexico said they won't pay for the wall so how will you get them to pay for it. his response? "they WILL pay for it."

and weak-ass Wolf just let it go.

"It just got ten feet higher!"

Answer of the night, both for humor and as a microcosm of the stupidity leading this campaign.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/idiocracy-writer-sad-how-accurate-the-movie-was.html

The Writer of Idiocracy Is Very Sad About Correctly Predicting the Future

25-trump-terry-crews.w529.h529.jpg

I say fuck em too. Let's get this shitshow going

it's difficult to win against trump because if you go on the attack you become like him and lose the high ground which is your only leg to stand on, because you're not going to win an insult and shouting war with the guy. People are pissed off and like someone who is also pissed off. Who cares if his views are inconsistent with what he's done in the past, all that matters is what you are going to do in office. Like every other major candidate for as long as anyone can remember hasn't also been wishy-washy with any details of their policies and flip flop. people idiotically keep coming out with the same analysis of the guy and his debates based on usual political norms when we're clearly past the point of normalcy

Are you making a Darth Vader comparison?

2&2 I would love to hear about Obama's cultivation of what you believe to be a PC culture. Any sources, information, or data to back up your beliefs other than "Obama is WEAK" would be great.

LOL, data.

He's SEEN it with his own two eyes. Anecdotes and biases take far more precedence than actual analysis and date. Stupid #kenpom millennial BULLSHIT.

Total losers. Sad!

Rubio found his voice last night. Kasich had the best debate, but Rubio was the biggest winner because he picked a fight with the biggest baddest bully on the school yard and stood his ground. Really important night for the Rubio campaign. I thought Cruz did ok, but he was outshined by Rubio in a big way. I still think Rubio/Kasich is going to be the ticket for the Republicans, but Rubio has a long ways to go. If this thing goes to the convention there is no way Trump survives. Thank goodness for the establishment in this scenario. We have another Republican debate next week. Hopefully Carson will drop out. No one wants him there, and he doesn't add anything. I don't expect Kasich to drop out until Rubio offers him a deal, or we get past Ohio. Hoping that last night's performance earns Kasich a poll bump, but I doubt it since he and Rubio are swimming in the same pool of voters for the most part. Not sure what to do with Cruz. Part of me wants Donald to beat him in Texas in order to continue to stunt any momentum Cruz might have, but also don't need Donald to get so far out in front that no one can make a reasonable case to catch him.

Rubio is climbing quickly in Texas according to the polling, and I have to imagine last night helped him. Kasich dropping out would give him a bump as well, but again - I don't see that happening right now. Kasich has almost no incentive and he has some good states coming up in the next couple of weeks that will increase his leverage and voice in the party. Quite frankly we need his sanity. Rubio needs to put the full court press on Texas. If he were somehow able to beat Trump that would be massive. He doesn't have to win Texas, and he doesn't really have to finish 2nd, but if he did it would give him some massive momentum heading into Super Tuesday. Great timing for a great debate from Rubio. 13-16 million people were watching last night, and Rubio was not only the clear winner, but he embarrassed Trump a few times. Trump failed to land any significant punches against Rubio (he did land a nice one against Cruz when he was calling Cruz a liar. He had open air time to explain what Cruz did in Iowa, which resonated imo).

Fun debate. So sad that Kasich just doesn't get traction. He is a solid, experienced leader, and at this point I am hoping for Rubio to win, and Kasich to be his running mate. I think that beats Hillary or Bernie in the GE. Ohio/Florida bumps plus either a candidate that no one likes, or one that scares the middle with his revolution.

Look, 2&2 likes stats personally, but he sat there and saw what stats did to the New England Patriots. Stats are a total loser! Bad!

He's SEEN it with his own two eyes. Anecdotes and biases take far more precedence than actual analysis and date. Stupid #kenpom millennial BULLSHIT.

Total losers. Sad!

We all remember when Abraham Lincoln reversed his losing streak on the strength of his great "unveil a scroll of data" tour which ultimately saved our Union

At the end of the day, I like establishment Clinton's chances greatly against nutcase Trump.

He could probably call Obama the n word and it wouldn't hurt him

They'd like that he's not PC.

I voted for Romney in 2012 and will likely vote for Clinton unless Kasich is the nominee. But in fairness, my views have changed a lot over the past 4 years.

How have you views changed?

People think Trump won last night. There's nothing else you can say to somebody that believes that.

Even Vox thinks Trump won. Rubio taking some support from Cruz isn't bad for Trump.

Back