• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

Rubio is now calling him a Con Artist

If I was Rubio I would just call him out on his plans over and over and over again.

Every time he brought of the wall, or healthcare, or Isis, I would say "how are you going to do that". He wouldn't be able to answer, then he will default to "youre a choke artist or loser".

Then you simply retort back with "you are saying that because you can't answer the question and you have no business being on this stage". I'd do that over and over and over again.

What does Trump actually believe in?

Like what are his policy views? I still have no idea.

We're building a wall, we're removing lines around states for health insurance...what else?

There is zero substance. It's amazing that he has gone this long without saying anything at all.

I'd say from family in the south and all my pub friends it's about 50/50. My dem friends and fam are right at 50/50 for Bernie/Hilldog too. The biggest difference is that pretty much all the dems would be ok with either candidate but are pretty disgusted by the pub choices. The 50% that doesn't support Trump on the pub side though - they absolutely hate him and will never vote for him. Most love Kasich but would hold their nose and vote for Rubio.

This is exactly most of my Republican friends as well.

I'd say from family in the south and all my pub friends it's about 50/50. My dem friends and fam are right at 50/50 for Bernie/Hilldog too. The biggest difference is that pretty much all the dems would be ok with either candidate but are pretty disgusted by the pub choices. The 50% that doesn't support Trump on the pub side though - they absolutely hate him and will never vote for him. Most love Kasich but would hold their nose and vote for Rubio.

the pubs will turn out and vote against hillary regardless

You will have more crossover from the right to left than vice versa. Glen Beck is calling Trump a sociopathic liar.

Trump has such little substance it is so pathetic. Rubio needs to continue to hit his plans over and over again. You can't let him get away with his "your a choke artist" bullshit.

But we're getting rid of the lines. The lines around the states. We're getting rid of them. Competition. Open it up.

And the "it is so pathetic" line was Trumpesque. Nicely done.

What does Trump actually believe in?

Like what are his policy views? I still have no idea.

We're building a wall, we're removing lines around states for health insurance...what else?

There is zero substance. It's amazing that he has gone this long without saying anything at all.

Why does he get away with it? Why do debate moderators not call him out on it more often? Why do the other candidates not call him out on it more often?

Imagine if you presented a plan to your boss in the way Trump does. He would laugh you out of his office/possibly fire you.

You will have more crossover from the right to left than vice versa. Glen Beck is calling Trump a sociopathic liar.

republicans aren't going to vote for your girl. she's been hated by the right for over 20 years.

Why does he get away with it? Why do debate moderators not call him out on it more often? Why do the other candidates not call him out on it more often?

Imagine if you presented a plan to your boss in the way Trump does. He would laugh you out of his office/possibly fire you.

because campaigns are merely a bunch of blowhards blathering. trump is great at it.

republicans aren't going to vote for your girl. she's been hated by the right for over 20 years.

I voted for Romney in 2012 and will likely vote for Clinton unless Kasich is the nominee. But in fairness, my views have changed a lot over the past 4 years.

because campaigns are merely a bunch of blowhards blathering. trump is great at it.

It's really the unintelligence of the American public that allows him to get away with it. People just want to hear yelling and name-calling. They aren't interested in legitimate debate or fixing problems. They view the debate as great entertainment for them on a Thursday night.

I think there is a lot to say about the media coverage and how they have likely influenced this election more than any other (even Obama in 2008).

It's really the unintelligence of the American public that allows him to get away with it. People just want to hear yelling and name-calling. They aren't interested in legitimate debate or fixing problems. They view the debate as great entertainment for them on a Thursday night.

I think there is a lot to say about the media coverage and how they have likely influenced this election more than any other (even Obama in 2008).

nobody wants to sit and watch these people dissect the finer points of highway bills

Not many, but more will than people from the left will vote for Trump.

Or they just won't vote or go third party.

People don't like Hillary. People are talking about Donald Trump winning as being the end of democracy.

donald trump winning certainly will not be the end of democracy for fuck's sake. that's hysterical bullshit.

nobody wants to sit and watch these people dissect the finer points of highway bills

Clearly, but I would think there are some intelligent people out there that would like to hear how Trump will build the wall instead of how high it will be. "THEY WILL PAY FOR IT" doesn't exactly do much either.

Politics shouldn't be about entertainment. Sure, charisma and ability to present yourself are extremely important, but it's just been all about the entertainment factor this cycle.

I get why---it gets ratings, but that's not (or shouldn't be) the media's role in elections.

Good post. I agree. Media talks about the most recent attack on someone or the most recent attack ad that has aired. Rarely see the media dig into anyone's so called "plans" on the issues.

Another part of the problem is having far too many debates. And the system of "he attacked me so I get to respond" is so dumb.

Clearly, but I would think there are some intelligent people out there that would like to hear how Trump will build the wall instead of how high it will be. "THEY WILL PAY FOR IT" doesn't exactly do much either.

Politics shouldn't be about entertainment. Sure, charisma and ability to present yourself are extremely important, but it's just been all about the entertainment factor this cycle.

I get why---it gets ratings, but that's not (or shouldn't be) the media's role in elections.

it's been a popularity contest for as long as i can remember. not a policy wonk nerdfest. this isn't new.

Guess so. Ideally the debate would become more elevated closer to the election, but instead the opposite happens.

Trumps loudest cheers last night was when he bashed Telemundo. That's all you need to know about Trump supporters.

Back