• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's botched Yemen raid

I would think "everything going wrong" wouldn't involve 30 of them dying and 1 of us dying.

I'm with junebug on this one. The cognitive dissonance re: the drone program based on who is president is terrible.

I'm with junebug on this one. The cognitive dissonance re: the drone program based on who is president is terrible.

I supported W using drones and Obama using drones. But not Trump using drones to bomb the NYT or others who oppose him.

I agree with you

and, if reports are accurate that the operation was hastily planned, I think the president should shoulder a considerable amount of blame.

the thread title should be changed to

#thanksobama

Last edited:
Well, then kudos to BSF.

I'm not surprised to see the rest of the outrage is partisan.

I'll remember that the next time you or jh want to post about BENGHAZI. You were both such pillars of non-partisan thought on that issue.

I would think "everything going wrong" wouldn't involve 30 of them dying and 1 of us dying.

Disaster defined by SEALS is a much thinner margin than a plama disaster

Drone strikes don't end with dead SEALS.

I agree with you

and, if reports are accurate that the operation was hastily planned, I think the president should shoulder a considerable amount of blame.

yeah and I think there's a more than decent chance that Trump felt/said Obama doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about go ahead and do it.

Remember all the threads complaining about ME civilian casualties in raids under Obama's watch? Yeah, me either.

You two have a poor memory.

Drone Thread - Seriously, Quit It

Drone strike in Yemen kills 15 civilians headed to a wedding

Taliban Leader, Mullah Akhtar Mansour, likely killed in US drone strike

Drone Strikes > the constitution.

There are a few more as well.

I guess I thought the "ME civilian casualty" part of that sentence was the most important. I guess I should have known you were engaging in semantics for a political purpose instead of carrying about actual lives.

I agree with you

I'm sure he feels horrible. Maybe he'll consider attending a "PBD"(whatever that is Spicer) once in a while now.

Trump: "Whatever Obama decided, do the opposite." sounds incredibly plausible.

Remember all the threads complaining about ME civilian casualties in raids under Obama's watch? Yeah, me either.

unlike the POTUS, i revised my gut reaction six times before i realized i should simply state that memories take many forms. I don't agree with just world theory, but this shit comes home to roost.

that and you wrote a thoughtful post about mechanisms of impeachment which i still need to read since you took the time to explain to me which was nice of you.

but yeah you or ur kids will be reminded of both obama's sins and trump's.

Well, then kudos to BSF.

I'm not surprised to see the rest of the outrage is partisan.

this is not partisan. u guys think others (or I) come on scene to blast trump because they (or I) are/am some political hack? both parties are less than the shit that just came out my asshole. I'm looking at this shit with something between 150-2000 years of actual hsitory, and and this shit ends badly. very badly.

Oops

However, former Obama administration officials challenged Mr. Spicer’s account as misleading.

“The specific operation in question was never presented to or considered by the Obama Admin for approval,” Ned Price, the former spokesman for the National Security Council under Mr. Obama wrote in a message on Twitter.

Colin Kahl, who was national security adviser to former Vice President Joe Biden, said in a statement sent to The Wall Street Journal and released on Twitter that the Pentagon’s proposal for broader authorities for raids in Yemen was discussed at the end of the Obama administration, but the particular raid in question was not.

He said Mr. Obama thought the incoming administration should take a careful look at the matter and questioned whether the Trump administration did so. “In a nutshell, Trump and his team owns the process and the ultimate decision--and the consequences,” Mr. Kahl wrote.

Back