• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's botched Yemen raid

A terrorist video released on Friday by the Pentagon to show what it called intelligence gleaned by the recent raid in Yemen actually was made about 10 years ago, it acknowledged.

Defense officials canceled a briefing they had called to discuss the value of the information recovered from Yemen and took the video off the website of the U.S. Central Command. They circulated clips from a video that showed how to prepare explosives without knowing it had already been public.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...intel-from-the-yemen-raid-it-was-10-years-old

Could you imagine the civil war being replayed today when every day 50,000 people died back then but we lose our shit when one dude dies today? #perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're 15 years past 9/11 when a whopping 6000 people died and were still letting that dictate every foreign policy decision we make? Get over it pubs.

And yes I've called out both dems and pubs in my last two posts

No offense to anyone who lost anyone that day, but when the worst day we've had in 50 years is losing 1/10th of what we lost in a day at Antietam, get over it already

Could you imagine the civil war being replayed today when every day 50,000 people died back then but we lose our shit when one dude dies today? #perspective

What's being replayed is that he and his staff have lied about this event since it took place. We've also learned that he's too lazy to do the proper homework before ordering our heroic Navy Seals into battle to risk their lives. The CIC's actions and lies about this being planned by Obama shows a gross misunderstanding of Trump's position and dishonoring those he sent into battle. It's a despicable act by someone who has no clue what he's doing and that cause deaths.

We're 15 years past 9/11 when a whopping 6000 people died and were still letting that dictate every foreign policy decision we make? Get over it pubs.

No offense to anyone who lost anyone that day, but when the worst day we've had in 50 years is losing 1/10th of what we lost in a day at Antietam, get over it already

Weren't you the guy defending the Trump immigration order on the grounds that we can't let what's happening in Europe happen here? Fewer people have been killed by terrorists in Europe than in 9/11. And certainly orders of magnitude fewer than in the Civil War. So why are we letting what's happening in Europe dictate our domestic policy?

To be clear, I 100% agree that we shouldn't. But seems like you're on both sides of this

Don't politicize the raid.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...me-trump-for-the-failed-raid-in-yemen/515496/

This raid, according to The New York Times, was approved by and recommended to the president by his secretary of defense and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. For the recommendation to have gone forward to the president, the senior leadership of the Department of Defense would have signed off on this operation. And for that to have happened, special operations and regional U.S. commanders would have had to have blessed the planning that went into the operation itself.

The left cannot on the one hand claim Donald Trump is ignorant of military and security affairs, and then on the other hand expect him to second-guess the professional recommendations of his uniformed and civilian military leadership. ...

At one point toward the end of the Obama administration, cabinet secretaries—cabinet secretaries!—were literally debating whether or not it made sense to move three helicopters within Iraq and Syria. That decision should have been left to the very capable, very experienced commander on the ground, U.S. Army Lieutenant General Steve Townsend. ...

But this is a bi-partisan problem. To any Republicans feeling smug having just read those last two paragraphs, I have one word for you: Benghazi.

The way in which Republicans turned Benghazi into a cudgel they then used to beat Hillary Clinton had a chilling effect on anyone seeking to take any risk and personal initiative. The truth about Benghazi was that America’s very capable and intrepid ambassador on the ground, Chris Stephens, made an error in judgment for which he paid with his life. No one wanted to say that because no one wanted to be seen blaming the dead, but Stephens, in his capacity as the senior U.S. official on the ground, overruled his security officer and took risks that led to his death and the death of one other. And—and this will be difficult for some to read—that’s okay. That’s sometimes the price of doing business.

That did not stop, however, Republicans from cynically holding the secretary of state responsible in a—successful, it must be said—effort to weaken her presidential candidacy. Republicans spent millions of dollars on a baldly partisan investigation, one byproduct of which was to create a foreign-service officer corps that now feels it has to conduct its business behind concrete T-walls and cannot actually venture out into the peoples and societies that diplomats are supposed to build ties with.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...me-trump-for-the-failed-raid-in-yemen/515496/

This raid, according to The New York Times, was approved by and recommended to the president by his secretary of defense and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. For the recommendation to have gone forward to the president, the senior leadership of the Department of Defense would have signed off on this operation. And for that to have happened, special operations and regional U.S. commanders would have had to have blessed the planning that went into the operation itself.

Little did they know that they should have consulted THE DEUCE

The left cannot on the one hand claim Donald Trump is ignorant of military and security affairs, and then on the other hand expect him to second-guess the professional recommendations of his uniformed and civilian military leadership. ...

At one point toward the end of the Obama administration, cabinet secretaries—cabinet secretaries!—were literally debating whether or not it made sense to move three helicopters within Iraq and Syria. That decision should have been left to the very capable, very experienced commander on the ground, U.S. Army Lieutenant General Steve Townsend. ...

But this is a bi-partisan problem. To any Republicans feeling smug having just read those last two paragraphs, I have one word for you: Benghazi.

The way in which Republicans turned Benghazi into a cudgel they then used to beat Hillary Clinton had a chilling effect on anyone seeking to take any risk and personal initiative. The truth about Benghazi was that America’s very capable and intrepid ambassador on the ground, Chris Stephens, made an error in judgment for which he paid with his life. No one wanted to say that because no one wanted to be seen blaming the dead, but Stephens, in his capacity as the senior U.S. official on the ground, overruled his security officer and took risks that led to his death and the death of one other. And—and this will be difficult for some to read—that’s okay. That’s sometimes the price of doing business.

That did not stop, however, Republicans from cynically holding the secretary of state responsible in a—successful, it must be said—effort to weaken her presidential candidacy. Republicans spent millions of dollars on a baldly partisan investigation, one byproduct of which was to create a foreign-service officer corps that now feels it has to conduct its business behind concrete T-walls and cannot actually venture out into the peoples and societies that diplomats are supposed to build ties with.

The obvious difference with Benghazi and this is that the President directly approved the Yemen raid whereas Obama didn't have direct involvement with the decisions that led to Benghazi

The obvious difference with Benghazi and this is that the President, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Secretary of Defense, Senior DoD leaders, special ops and regional U.S. commanders all had to have directly approved the Yemen raid whereas Obama didn't have direct involvement with the decisions that led to Benghazi

FIFY

#Fakenews

That's pretty much the opposite of what the Commander-in-Chief should be doing on both accounts.

Truman had some kind of saying about bucks stopping somewhere. Wish I could remember what it was.

So one dude dies and it's a disaster? Interesting take on warfare

So one dude dies and it's a disaster? Interesting take on warfare

I'm not the one saying that! But Trump had to sign off on it, and did. So whatever people below him did or didn't do is irrelevant to whether he is responsible. When the president makes a decision, he is the one ultimately responsible.

Respectfully, you're the one saying that we have to cut off Muslim immigration to protect ourselves from a few people dying. So it's kind of ridiculous to complain about people being unhappy about Trump fucking up leading to a soldier dying. If your argument is that a few lives aren't a big deal, then that's fine, and I think there's actually a lot of merit to it. But be consistent

Reactions: ONW
I'm not the one saying that! But Trump had to sign off on it, and did. So whatever people below him did or didn't do is irrelevant to whether he is responsible. When the president makes a decision, he is the one ultimately responsible.

Respectfully, you're the one saying that we have to cut off Muslim immigration to protect ourselves from a few people dying. So it's kind of ridiculous to complain about people being unhappy about Trump fucking up leading to a soldier dying. If your argument is that a few lives aren't a big deal, then that's fine, and I think there's actually a lot of merit to it. But be consistent

+1

1 person = 1 SEAL and 30 civilians. But who is counting.

Fat Plama is a weird fucking dude.

I believe the 9/11 deaths were around 3000

Back