• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Turkey

Gobble gobble, motherfuckers

turkeycostume.jpg

sigh, it's Friday. Can we just have a weekend of peace?

Something big may be brewing in Turkey. First thought is it could be a coup. Long history of secular military taking down governments that got too religious. http://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2016/07/turkey-government/491579/?utm_source=atlfb

Awesome. I thought Erdogan got rid of most of the officers that were likely to launch a coup. Fuck him. He and his Islamist cronies need to go and secularism needs to return. No more hijabs in government buildings. Back to the old rules.

Holy shit, this is fucking huge. It's really happening. This is fantastic news for the west and the sane elements of Turkish society. Just wonder if Erdogan is holed up in his palace and will go down like Allende or if he's on the run.

Turkish military claims to have overthrown Erdogan and taken control of country
In a statement, the Turkish military says the rule of law must remain the priority.

State TV TRT reportedly off the air.

uh, i'm not sure governmental instability in Turkey in the midst of a migrant crisis would be classified as "fantastic" news

Because Erdogan was democratically elected by the religious nuts, will Obama and Europe condemn the coup makers?

The younger generation is not very happy with how religious the PM is. When I went to Istanbul 2 years ago, I got that feeling from witnessing protests.
One of my guides was not a fan of him at all.

Pulled it off while he was on vacation in Bodrum. Hopefully he's been arrested. Slick move.

Back