• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Two soccer questions

Up until the LK post you quoted, there were no mean responses to rj's OP and follow up posts.

Exactly.

I've never understood the idea of being a white knight running to rj's defense. The guy does it to himself. It's not like the boards got together, spun a big wheel and it landed on rj, so we all decided to treat rj like a spoiled child.

I would hope that RJ would feel like a real POS if DeacMan was no more

Which was like the 8th post. There's no reason to react like that. I thought they were fair questions.

His questions were already answered by LK's post. He just chose to ignore the questions and instead took the opportunity to do what he really wanted to do from the start... preach about why his beliefs are right about a sport he knows little about.

THIS IS A GOD DAMNED OUTRAGE!!!!! FREE MY BEST FRIEND RKARL NOW!!!!!

THE BULLYING HAS TO STOP!!!!!!THIS IS A SCARY PRECEDENT, A SLIPPERY SLOPE....

TOWNIE'S WEEPING VAGINA WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS, MODS!!!!

I think it's unfair, because the guy who got fouled is the guy who should shoot it. He's the person who was in the play.

I understand that in a shootout you should be able pick the shooters like shooting a T, but in the game, the person who is actually fouled should shoot it.

Thanks about extra time. Regarding this, can a team get a card or a penalty for taking to long for their celebration?

This was his "preachy" post? Seems like a reasonable thought. It may not comport with how soccer fans view "fairness" on a penalty but it certainly not an inflammatory idea.

This was his "preachy" post? Seems like a reasonable thought. It may not comport with how soccer fans view "fairness" on a penalty but it certainly not an inflammatory idea.

Because it was already answered and he just wanted to go on with his own ideas anyway. Typical rj.

1) Yes
2) It is like a technical foul in basketball -- let your best shooter take it.

A reasonable thought would be one where he would be willing to defend. Over and over, he refuses to answer what's "unfair" about the current rule.

A proposal without good justification is really just whining.

Also dv7 had thrown some good stuff up there, but rj would never see it because he has dv7 on ignore.

Also dv7 had thrown some good stuff up there, but rj would never see it because he has dv7 on ignore.

He responded to my corner kick thing without it being quoted, so I'm thinking he has been looking at my posts on here.

Refs will tell the players to get back on their side of the pitch if the celebration is taking too long, if they ignore him they can get booked. Players will automatically get a yellow card if they remove their shirt to celebrate -- probably my least favorite rule in football.

Your point about penalties is an odd one. Do you think all free kicks should be taken by the player that was fouled as well? What about corner kicks? Should those only be taken by the person that was the last offensive player to touch the ball before a defender put it over the end line?

A penalty kick is unlike any other play. It almost always leads to a goal. I think the person involved in the play should be the one who participates.

I was watching the game with two other people who are casual viewers of soccer. Each of us was surprised that the person who was directly involved didn't take the penalty.

A corner is like an out of bounds play. Anyone can throw the ball into play. Anyone can kick it in.

I wonder if RJ knew this was the way this thread was going to go? Part of me believes he definitely did, but I don't think he ever though he would be banned especially during the NBA finals. I imagine last night he set up a nice tea party of stuffed animals berating each one of them for attacking him as he typed away on an imaginary keyboard.

I imagine last night he set up a nice tea party of stuffed animals berating each one of them for attacking him as he typed away on an imaginary keyboard.

2ur76u8.jpg

Back