• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TX Gov Orders TX State Guard to Monitor US Army Exercises/Prevent Martial Law

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
Man, this is pure conspiracy theory crazy in metro Austin.

Check out the videos of the County Commisioners meeting at the bottoms of the pages.

Participants were torn between their respect for the military and their suspicion of the Obama administration, and they frequently expressed concern that they had not been notified about the exercise until conspiracy theories began circulating on social media.

The recent closing of five Walmart stores sparked fears that those stores would be converted into detention centers or link to underground tunnels to transport troops.

Lastoria said “an extra minute of research” would show that those stores were each involved in labor disputes, although the retailer blames plumbing issues.

Most of the Jade 15 operations will take place on private property with the expressed approval of the landowner, although one participant asked why residents weren’t permitted to vote on it.

“I don’t understand why you would vote on private land use,” Lastoria said.

A U.S. Army spokesman answered questions for about two hours Monday from concerned residents who voiced fears that the federal government would gather intelligence on them, confiscate their guns and other property, or conduct psychological operations on them.

He also knocked down concerns that foreign fighters – such as Islamic State militants – would be brought in subdue the population.

“It’s the same thing that happened in Nazi Germany: You get the people used to the troops on the street, the appearance of uniformed troops and the militarization of the police,” said Bob Wells, a Bastrop resident, after the meeting. “They’re gathering intelligence. That’s what they’re doing. And they’re moving logistics in place for martial law. That’s my feeling. Now, I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong. I hope I’m a ‘conspiracy theorist.’”

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/par...se-thats-sparking-fears-of-military-takeover/

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/gov...ing-martial-law-during-jade-helm-15-exercise/

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/new...btomystatesmanpremium#23b53c28.3342480.735716

Wait, is Brasky going to Cambodia on a secret training mission in advance of this conspiracy to enslave the Austin suburbs?

Seriously, Texas, please secede from the Union so we can start construction on the wall between you, the USA, and your infectious stupidity.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PEOPLE THERE?

jesus christ, i can understand like one or five nut jobs, but an overflowing room full of them?

They had a closed circuit viewing of the meeting in the basement.

Jesus. Pure idiocy. There are stupid people everywhere, but it does seem that there's a high concentration of stupid people in Texas. Can't wait for a flaming hot ELC take on this.

Shaka Smart has to be watching the evening news and wondering wtf he's gotten himself into.

You gotta wonder what kind of comments Strong and Shaka get from boosters about Obama.

"Coach Strong, are the helmets this year going to be lined with tin foil to stop Obama's liberal brain wave machines from infecting our boys?"

I'm thinking about heading down to Texas with some protestors to ensure that our Third Amendment rights aren't trampled upon. Obama, the self-loathing commie that he is, doesn't respect the Third Amendment.

I've got Army Reserve duty this weekend. Our unit training schedule for 1300-1700 hours on Saturday indicates that we will "Conduct Psychological Operations on Biff Tannen." Hmmm.

I've got Army Reserve duty this weekend. Our unit training schedule for 1300-1700 hours on Saturday indicates that we will "Conduct Psychological Operations on Biff Tannen." Hmmm.

Not if the Texas State Guard has anything to say about it, sport.

Get that Lt Governor does all the heavy lifting on TX, but it's been a pretty steep downward slide from W to Perry to Abbott. Was kind of amazing that Abbott brought Ted Nugent along with him on the campaign trail. Sad that a Governor would pander so blatantly to wingnut morons chasing loopy conspiracies.

Get that Lt Governor does all the heavy lifting on TX, but it's been a pretty steep downward slide from W to Perry to Abbott. Was kind of amazing that Abbott brought Ted Nugent along with him on the campaign trail. Sad that a Governor would pander so blatantly to wingnut morons chasing loopy conspiracies.

Sad, but not surprising.

My alive (Republican) grandpa in Texas is ashamed and appalled by the current Republican party in his state. I can only imagine what my dead and slightly more moderate Republican grandpa would think of this nonsense. I don't have to think much as I hear it in my monthly conversations with my uncle. HINT: He isn't impressed.

Back