• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TY WALKER!!!!

The dude is 7 foot tall and can block shots. Somebody is going to sign him to a professional contract.

luke+skywalker.jpg

Agreed, good post. I've been one of the hardest people on Ty on the boards, but damn if he wasn't a stud last night. Then he is criticized for not having a "double anything"?

No one criticized Ty. I criticized the over reaction to his stat line. It was a solid game, but besides the blocks number being really high in this particular game, it was about what you'd expect from a 7 foot roll player on an ACC team. It's certainly not going to earn him a contract as the OP suggested, assuming he's referring to a NBA contract. A Euro contract? Sure, maybe...but probably based on size/athleticism alone and not any particular stat line he has had to this point.

As for the "near triple double moron" comments (you know who you are even if I don't), it wasn't a double in anything. Normally, when I hear someone almost had a triple double, it's because they actually had a double-double and were only 1 short of another stat. He's 2 blocks, 2 points, and 1 rebound short of a triple double.

I like the improvement and hope it continues. I'm not yet ready to declare Bzz a master player developer based on Ty's season last year and a single "break-out game" without any double digit stats this season. Hope he proves me wrong.

No one criticized Ty. I criticized the over reaction to his stat line. It was a solid game, but besides the blocks number being really high in this particular game, it was about what you'd expect from a 7 foot role player on an ACC team.

I don't think 8-9-8 is a statline you would expect from just any 7 foot role player on an ACC team but maybe I'm not watching the right teams and players.

there are some really shitty posters on these boards. if dv7 or racer ever made a post half as good as ty played last night i might fall down dead from shock. it must suck to be so miserable all the time.

I think if you watched the game you understand what those stats meant, especially with Carson fouling out in 8 minutes of play.

Ty was dominant inside on defense. He changed how Maryland had to play the game. Dominant centers don't average 10 blocks a night because nobody in their right mind tries to shoot 10 times over dominant centers.

Has anyone ever applied for a retroactive medical redshirt based on mental issues? I mean, Wake has some pull with some psychiatrists who would testify on his behalf for a nice research grant, right?

8-9-8 is a fantastic stat line. Forget the 8 points, I'd have taken just the other two. It is what I'd call one definition of a "near triple double."

Back