• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TY WALKER!!!!

Holy hell...a stat line without a double anything and we're celebrating his "best game ever" and talking about playing for a contract? Every day I get another reminder of just how far Wake Forest basketball has fallen.

Damn straight I'm celebrating for the big guy! He's overcoming whatever has been a problem for him, and making a difference for this team at a time we have to have him.

mmm... that is true but I could also respin it to say that he almost had a triple double. Getting 8 blocks in an ACC game is pretty rare.

The difference between almost and actual is pretty significant, as evidenced by how rare it actually happens. 2 more blocks are tough to come by. A stat line that doesn't even include 10 points just isn't that great. 8 blocks is impressive, but it's not going to get someone a contract anywhere in the US. Nor is 8 points and 9 rebounds for the tallest guy on the court.

When he has a few 16 point, 10 rebound, 6-8 block games in a row, I'll get excited. Until then, this feels like handing out a participation trophy.

Last edited:
Not to be Debbie Downer, but if he had blocked out his man one MD possession in the last min or two, Wake would have had a much better chance to win the game. That being said, he has played well the last few games.

The difference between almost and actual is pretty significant, as evidenced by how rare it actually happens. 2 more blocks are tough to come by. A stat line that doesn't even include 10 points just isn't that great. 8 blocks is impressive, but it's not going to get someone a contract anywhere in the US. Nor is 8 points and 9 rebounds for the tallest guy on the court.

When he has a few 16 point, 10 rebound, 6-8 block games in a row, I'll get excited. Until then, this feels like handing out a participation trophy.

Valid. Let's at least call it a "Most Improved Player" trophy as I do feel that is where the sentiment is coming from.

Valid. Let's at least call it a "Most Improved Player" trophy as I do feel that is where the sentiment is coming from.

Remember what happened after the Iowa game last year? Or after his "breakout" performance at Wofford...

Ty played well for stretches tonight, but he's Most Improved Player only after he strings together some performances like last night over the course of the whole season...

I still don't see how that award isn't CJ's, though.

Sorry, Racer, but if you are serious I am really disappointed in you. Maybe you are being sarcastic and I am missing it?? We are talking about a kid that couldn't even get on the court for 3 years, playing behind players who weren't even good. It was impossible to reasonably have any expectations for him to contribute this year. So now he comes out on the road in an ACC contest and has an 8-9-8 game, including huge plays during key moments of a furious comeback - and you are downplaying it? That is just being a jerk.

Wtfk is the wtfk face for?

If Ty had gone to center court and shit his shorts [Redacted] would be blamed for his lack of continence...So yea, when anything goes right for this fucking basketball team then I'm going to lay it at the feet of the HC.

Sorry, Racer, but if you are serious I am really disappointed in you. Maybe you are being sarcastic and I am missing it?? We are talking about a kid that couldn't even get on the court for 3 years, playing behind players who weren't even good. It was impossible to reasonably have any expectations for him to contribute this year. So now he comes out on the road in an ACC contest and has an 8-9-8 game, including huge plays during key moments of a furious comeback - and you are downplaying it? That is just being a jerk.

Yep.

If Ty had gone to center court and shit his shorts [Redacted] would be blamed for his lack of continence...So yea, when anything goes right for this fucking basketball team then I'm going to lay it at the feet of the HC.

This is hilarious. Well played Lectro.

Agreed, good post. I've been one of the hardest people on Ty on the boards, but damn if he wasn't a stud last night. Then he is criticized for not having a "double anything"?

How many people last year in an ACC game recorded 8+ blocks? I checked for us all, the answer is zero. It happened zero times last year.

Ty was an animal. Does he need to get stronger (which is stupid that it hasn't happened yet if it's even possible)? Absolutely. Is it dumb to criticize him after last night? Hell yes.

He had a heck of a game. Maryland players definitely became tenative taking it to the rack in the second half for fear of getting rejected. If he could bring that everynight you all would really have something.

the jury is still out on bzz at wake. he has done very little in his career to declare him a successful developer of players. to declare walker a success story for bzz after a few games this season is ridiculous. walker has had an occasional game like this before. he has yet to put together even two in a row. certainly not three. if the season ends and he has come close to averaging a double double or more then i will compliment bzz all day for being the coach/staff to finally get through to him.

just not anointing him the jesus of coaching yet. though he does appear to wear joseph's amazing technicolor ties quite regularly.

He had a heck of a game. Maryland players definitely became tenative taking it to the rack in the second half for fear of getting rejected. If he could bring that everynight you all would really have something.

This. The only reason Ty didn't have 15 blocks last night was because after his 6th or 7th, they just completely stopped going inside. The rest of his blocks came when they got a rebound and tried to get a put back he would stuff it. I've seen 8 blocks and 9 blocks in different stat sheets but at the game I swear it was more like 12 if you count the floaters and stick-backs he got a finger on.

Completely altered the game. Just flush that last pass by Tony next time!

Very happy for the guy, man do I wish he had red-shirted. I never thought I'd say it but we'll miss him next year.

Keep it up Ty!!!

Ty will make several hundred K per year playing in Europe at a minimum.

lets see how he does the next few games before we all get carried away. He has not exactly earned any of our trust or confidence before this.

Ty will make several hundred K per year playing in Europe at a minimum.

agree completely if he keeps playing like he has so far this season. i would be pretty happy for the guy if he has turned it around.

Ty Walker sucks, but Ty Parker is a beast and can be a major contributor for this team. Bzz just needs to bring the phonebooth to every game from here on out so that the right alter ego emerges before tip-off.

Back