• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tyler Cavanaugh Commits to Wake

ctdeac13

Reaction score
According to the RecruitScoop who is taking that info from Adam Finkelstein. I know that there is the recruiting thread but thought it deserved its own thread. Not confirmed by Scout or Rivals yet.

Last edited:
ESPN eval:

Updated 06/14/2011

Strengths:
Cavanugh is the prototypical skilled face-up four-man. He makes shots off the catch as well as the dribble, has consistent three-point range, makes mid-range pull-ups, and even knows how to create space in the mid-range area with step-backs. In addition to his skill, Cavanaugh also has a good feel for the game and intuitive understanding of when to make certain plays. Physically, he has a frame that will support more muscle mass with wide shoulders and thick legs.

Weaknesses:
Cavanough isn't especially quick or athletic, and although his frame is just beginning to fill out physically he needs to be more willing to play through contact. He struggles to finish plays around the basket, isn't as consistent of a rebounder as he should be, and doesn't yet have a position defensively since he isn't quick enough to defend the three nor strong enough to defend the four. He needs to work hard to develop his body and make the most of the physical tools he does have while showing a willingness to use them.

Bottom Line:
Cavanough has the look, feel and playing style of another former member of the Albany City Rocks in Will Regan. He is a very skilled face-up four man and only needs to get a little stronger and tougher in order to maximize his tools.

Keep in mind this was written before he had a huge summer and picked up offers from Syracuse and Notre Dame.

Great stuff. I wonder what this does with Thomas? (with his commitment that is in limbo, unsure if he is actually committed) Interested to see that pan out, and if he also commits (reffirms) what might happen regarding Moto/White. Would we want to have 6 in a class?

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm having a hard time getting excited about all these finesse guys that have rebounding, defense, and toughness as their weakness.

So does this mean we beat out other big programs? Sounds like a good get.

When is Bz gonna start getting some talent in here? That guy just can't recruit. :deadhorse:

Not quick or athletic with thick big legs. Bzz recruited me.

Fellas... I'm really, really, really trying to get on board with the culture change.

Can we just leave this crap out of one single thread????

No, we can't. Because this is what Wake Forest basketball has devolved into. And Wake will be good again when Wellman honorably retires and Bzzz is a scout with the Twolves.

That is my opinion and this is a fucking sports message board and if the mods want to give me the boot then fine by me. Stating my opinion about an AD, coach or recruit is why this board was created. Or so I am told.

And besides. If the kid is a diamond in the rough I'll plant $100 bills in his hand after games.

Want warm and fuzzy? There is always Scout.

Welcome. I anxiously await more up-to-date reports.

No, we can't. Because this is what Wake Forest basketball has devolved into. And Wake will be good again when Wellman honorably retires and Bzzz is a scout with the Twolves.

That is my opinion and this is a fucking sports message board and if the mods want to give me the boot then fine by me. Stating my opinion about an AD, coach or recruit is why this board was created. Or so I am told.

And besides. If the kid is a diamond in the rough I'll plant $100 bills in his hand after games.

Want warm and fuzzy? There is always Scout.

Wow...

You are quoting an article that was written before this summer. Anybody that even remotely follows recruiting knows how much a kid can change over a 3 month span.

I'm not suggesting that he will be the second coming of Jesus Christ, I just think we should welcome him here without a bitch-out thread.

Have you ever seen him play? Do you have anything to base your opinion of him on at all, or are you just spouting off with no information to back your whining up with?

I like this commit a lot more if we're sure we have Devin.

If Devin's in, we can afford for Cav to mostly remain the skilled face-up four who may or may not develop a body and more of a mean streak.

If Devin waffles, well, we're taking a huge gamble.

Which again begs the question: what the hell is up with Devin Thomas?

Another thing: even without Devin, this is a very tall class. CMM is a tallish point, we've got a 6-8 two-three, a seven footer in Washington, and a tall matchup problem in Cav. We're going to be pretty tall 1-5 in a couple years.

Back