• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ufc 190

I don't follow UFC, but were those bros knocking dudes out in 30 seconds every time?

Anderson Silva and Jon Jones weren't a bigger deal than Ronda Rousey. Jon Jones had coke fueled hit and run and no one cared.

I agree that it has a lot to do with her being a woman. Men like Silva, Jones & GSP have dominated their divisions like Rousey in the past but never had close to the star power. I think much of Rousey's fame is due to what she does outside the ring in addition to what she does in the ring. It's the pefect combo to get a wide range of media attention.

Personally I think the best thing for the UFC is for Rousey to lose. Fight fans will get tired of her domination & lose interest. She needs a competitive rival. Hopefull the 3rd time is the charm for Meisha Tate.

I saw a potential UFC 194 card (12/5/15)......Aldo/McGregor, Rousey/Tate III & Dilleshaw/Cruz along with the possibility of Fedor making his UFC debut. That would be a sick card.

Lets not throw Silva and Rousey in with Iron Mike just yet. Rousey has been impressive but she is only 12-0? Silva lost like his third fight and had 2-3 losses in his first 20.

I realize the sports are a little different, and you can argue that it is harder to be undefeated in UFC vs boxing, but Iron Mike Tyson was 37-0 with 34 KOs before he lost to Buster Douglas. No one has or may ever be an undefeated KO artist like Iron Mike.

Rousey has dominated in much the same way with the quick, KOs but she has a lot of work to do before we start putting her name out there alongside Mike.

Back