• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ukraine is game to you?

If the rest of the world's economies sanction the oligarchs of Russia whose industries are tied to their military (pretty much all of them) I imagine this will end pretty quickly and Putin won't be around to try and clean things up. His power comes from keeping those people happy and little else. An awful lot of those global powers have not so public ties to those oligarchs though and really don't want to mess up a good thing.

Ladies and gentlemen I found what the Iraqi Information Minister has been doing all these years...

If the rest of the world's economies sanction the oligarchs of Russia whose industries are tied to their military (pretty much all of them) I imagine this will end pretty quickly and Putin won't be around to try and clean things up. His power comes from keeping those people happy and little else. An awful lot of those global powers have not so public ties to those oligarchs though and really don't want to mess up a good thing.

Yeah. I’m not putting my faith in politicians connected to Russian oligarchs doing the right thing.

He literally withdrew us from the treaty that largely allowed us to monitor Russian troop movements.

That said, we are looking at the result of 8 years of feckless "sanctions." First Obama, then Trump and now Biden have allowed this to fester since the invasion of Georgia in 2014. Trump wouldn't have done anything different.

What really worries me is we are going to try to back China into a corner to take a stand against Russia, and when China doesn't I feel like we are on the brink of something far worse.

People do realize that Trumps first impeachment was due to his trying to intimidate the Ukrainian government and that he spent the last 4 years lower NATO spending and weakening the organization, right? Like that’s not political that’s factual.

That's a polite way of describing it. Blackmailed their security is another.

The pretext for this invasion being that Ukrainian "nazi's" are persecuting ethnic Russians is eerily similar to the German justification for the invasion of Poland.

I mean the dominos that need to fall for WW3 to actually happen are pretty easy to see here, and the chain reaction has started.

it's not eerily similar, it's literally the same

I keep telling myself Germany in the late 30's can't happen again, we'd have too much advance notice, NATO, etc...

And then it started happening.

I'll be shocked if China doesn't invade Taiwan in the next few days.

It’s quite the logic puzzle that Nazi’s are in charge when a lot of the leadership, such as their president, is Jewish.

We are making America great again! What era do the rubes want to return to? The 1950s. What was the biggest catalyst for prosperity back then? The fact that all of Europe was destroyed by war.

Has their been any explanation of the explosions in Kiev yet, like a rocket strike?

Has their been any explanation of the explosions in Kiev yet, like a rocket strike?

P sure the Ukrainian Presidential Office posted a closeup of the cloud and explained it was a rocket/missile strike.

Back