• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC football hype never fails

I'm in Chicago for the marathon and there were a lot of hole fans on my flight from Charlotte. They must have paid good money to see their team lose by 50.

Thought the good guys were going to win at Notre Dame. Battled back to take a fourth quarter lead, got a defensive stop and then this happened.

"Roughing a lineman." Yep.

In unrelated news, undefeated Notre Dame visits undefeated FSU in Tally this week in front of God and Corso. Gameday is coming to your cit-tay, Jimbo and they are bringing ratings darling Irishmen along for the ride. The Mouse wanted Notre Dame's record clean for that game in Florida. Don't F with the Mouse's money. The Mouse likes his money.

Believe me, I get the joke. I watch ACC BB too, but it is pretty bad when third parties start weighing in, to wit:

Mike Pereira @MikePereira · Oct 11
Roughing snapper? rule is you can't contact the center on punts until after 1 second. The center lifted and was pushed. No foul.

Last edited:
Thought the good guys were going to win at Notre Dame. Battled back to take a fourth quarter lead, got a defensive stop and then this happened.

"Roughing a lineman." Yep.

In unrelated news, undefeated Notre Dame visits undefeated FSU in Tally this week in front of God and Corso. Gameday is coming to your cit-tay, Jimbo and they are bringing ratings darling Irishmen along for the ride. The Mouse wanted Notre Dame's record clean for that game in Florida. Don't F with the Mouse's money. The Mouse likes his money.

Believe me, I get the joke. I watch ACC BB too, but it is pretty bad when third parties start weighing in, to wit:

Mike Pereira @MikePereira · Oct 11
Roughing snapper? rule is you can't contact the center on punts until after 1 second. The center lifted and was pushed. No foul.

I LOL'd about UNC getting screwed on a call. Hilarious.

When people say stuff about conspiracies do they really believe it? Bias, sure. But full on conspiracies?

When people say stuff about conspiracies do they really believe it? Bias, sure. But full on conspiracies?

My grandma definitely believes there were no Jews in the WTC on 9/11. Not sure that's what you mean.

Not sure what I meant, just trying to lure BSF out of hiding.

I LOL'd about UNC getting screwed on a call. Hilarious.

It was the correct call. Scott Daly the snapper at ND was not given the required 1 sec. UNC had already been penalized for this once this year in an earlier game. Kelly knew that UNC was committing this foul and alerted the ref to watch for it. Why even hit the snapper in that situation, until he tries to go down field ?

It was the correct call. Scott Daly the snapper at ND was not given the required 1 sec. UNC had already been penalized for this once this year in an earlier game. Kelly knew that UNC was committing this foul and alerted the ref to watch for it. Why even hit the snapper in that situation, until he tries to go down field ?

I mean, I guess in the strictest sense it was the enforcement of the outer letter of the rule (the spirit was certainly honored...the guy hit him IN THE CHEST. Not exactly the head down snapping the ball defenseless position the rule was designed to prevent). He didn't even knock him down, and I think the takes of pretty credible football people with no connection to UNC (no less an authority than Mike Pereira among them) validate the point that it was, at best, a picayune enforcement of a rarely invoked rule when the spirit didn't . At worst, it was what people like Steve Logan are saying it was: the first down Notre Dame couldn't get on UNC's defense (Yeah, THAT defense). Officials need to know situation in the game (calling a carry in an uncontested inbounds play, or calling the second baseman for not staying on the bag in a 6-4-3 are, as you would point out, both rules...ever see them called?); but I guess that they surely DID know the situation of the game is the thrust of my complaint.

UNC football was oversold and has underperformed. The coaching has been suboptimal. No one is disputing that. The story of what happened Saturday had a lot more to do with Notre Dame than UNC. UNC was a bit player in that school play. The stars were Notre Dame and the best supporting actor was that gutless stooge playing the role of umpire.

The story of what happened Saturday had a lot more to do with Notre Dame than UNC. UNC was a bit player in that school play. The stars were Notre Dame and the best supporting actor was that gutless stooge playing the role of umpire.

In other words, the story of every ACC basketball game ever played, subbing in UNC for ND and ______ for UNC.

So much irony, so little self-awareness.

Poor Carolina. They cannot catch a break.

Except for the 10,000 "breaks" they've caught over the decades, and the huge one they caught from the NCAA.

I'm sure Swofford is just sick over this.

Back