• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC football hype never fails

UNC wishes they were UGA North.

The gulf between hype, expectations and results is about the same. UGA has done about as much as UNC has. They go from being talked about as winning a National Championship/Super Bowl Winner/Curing Cancer to the reason their fans fill the Saturday boredom by watching flies fuck.

UGA has won six SEC East titles and two SEC championships in the thirteen seasons Richt has been there. Granted, they've only really been close to a natty once, but UNC hasn't sniffed anything even close to what UGA has done.

The holes will be ripped a new one by ND this weekend at South Bend- should be fun to watch!

UGA has won six SEC East titles and two SEC championships in the thirteen seasons Richt has been there. Granted, they've only really been close to a natty once, but UNC hasn't sniffed anything even close to what UGA has done.
So basically UGA football is the SEC version of UNC Football

Why do you people listen to 94? He hates UGA more than typical Wake fans hate UNC-CH. There's really nothing in the SEC you can compare UNC-CH to.

The holes will be ripped a new one by ND this weekend at South Bend- should be fun to watch!

It may not matter, but Notre Dame is in a massive letdown spot against UNC this weekend. ND just beat Stanford in dramatic fashion with a last second TD pass, and the Irish play at FSU next week (with a win, they would definitely be in the NC final 4 mix). Not saying UNC will win, but I could see this game being a bit of a sweat (like the ND/Purdue game earlier this year).

So basically UGA football is the SEC version of UNC Football

Carolina last won an ACC title when an actor named Ronald Reagan was in his 1st year at the WH.

I was just entering Junior High School. I am 46 now.

I imagine ND wins in a low scoring affair. I would say 3-0 or so. Unc has a really good defense so they should be able to stop the Irish.......

Fedora = dead man walking. He's lost the players and Ram's Club. With UNC & NCSU being dumpster fires at this point, Clawson and staff have an excellent opportunity in recruiting during the next several years.

Fedora = dead man walking. He's lost the players and Ram's Club. With UNC & NCSU being dumpster fires at this point, Clawson and staff have an excellent opportunity in recruiting during the next several years.

Yeah, I think so, too. I remember after Wake beat UNC in Fedora's first "real" game, one of our defensive players was asked about the Fedora offense, which was thought to be "the next big thing" around here after destroying 2 FCS teams. Our player commented that UNC did nothing that he hadn't been practicing against for 2 years. That told me right there he would be a failure, b/c offense was supposedly his area of expertise, and he was running a Lobo offense.

We really got Clawson at the right time.

A football coach should always get at least a decade to build a program. Good luck Larry.

Back