• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC-G, 7:00 PM; ESPN3--On a TUESDAY!

UNC-G +985
or
Wake -15

whats the play basketball experts?

You'd have to have a serious gambling problem to put money on Wake-UNCG in basketball in December.

I hope Codi doesn't play more than 12 minutes, we shouldn't need him to. I'm hoping to see these things over the next two games specifically:
1. Our starters, for the most part, to not have to play past the 8 minute mark in the second half. Hopefully we have a big enough lead to sit BC, Devin, Crab and CMM.
2. Much improved team defense. We need to use these next two games to tune up our defensive rotations in man-to-man more than anything.
3. Dinos needs to use this game to show us that he has the capability of being an average to above average defender.
3. I want Mcclinton to get a good amount of minutes so that he can also work on his fundamental defense. We will probably need him to defend Ben Simmons during Crab's rest minutes and can't afford for him to play the type of defense he has been all year on Simmons.
4. I want Rondale to get a good amount of minutes, preferably the entire last 10-8 minutes. He has proven to be serviceable in some ways but if he can fix his shot he could be even more than serviceable combining that with his athleticism. (this is a big IF, considering I highly doubt he will get many minutes come Xavier, LSU, and conference play.)
5. Probably the most important of all, I don't want to see Codi go too "hard". The video from Ryan Horn showing him running on the treadmill was good to see and made me optimistic that he will be almost full strength by the time we play Xavier, but a fluke could happen on one of his strong drives/jumping and landing awkwardly. We need to ease him back into the game as slowly as we can up until the 22nd.

I'm predicting a score of 86-71 Wake, with a 20+ point lead before the 8 minute mark and the lead getting down to 15 by the end of the game when UNCG hits some threes against our walk-ons, Mcclinton, and Rondale.

Go Deacs.

I hope Codi doesn't play more than 12 minutes, we shouldn't need him to. I'm hoping to see these things over the next two games specifically:
1. Our starters, for the most part, to not have to play past the 8 minute mark in the second half. Hopefully we have a big enough lead to sit BC, Devin, Crab and CMM.
2. Much improved team defense. We need to use these next two games to tune up our defensive rotations in man-to-man more than anything.
3. Dinos needs to use this game to show us that he has the capability of being an average to above average defender.
3. I want Mcclinton to get a good amount of minutes so that he can also work on his fundamental defense. We will probably need him to defend Ben Simmons during Crab's rest minutes and can't afford for him to play the type of defense he has been all year on Simmons.
4. I want Rondale to get a good amount of minutes, preferably the entire last 10-8 minutes. He has proven to be serviceable in some ways but if he can fix his shot he could be even more than serviceable combining that with his athleticism. (this is a big IF, considering I highly doubt he will get many minutes come Xavier, LSU, and conference play.)
5. Probably the most important of all, I don't want to see Codi go too "hard". The video from Ryan Horn showing him running on the treadmill was good to see and made me optimistic that he will be almost full strength by the time we play Xavier, but a fluke could happen on one of his strong drives/jumping and landing awkwardly. We need to ease him back into the game as slowly as we can up until the 22nd.

I'm predicting a score of 86-71 Wake, with a 20+ point lead before the 8 minute mark and the lead getting down to 15 by the end of the game when UNCG hits some threes against our walk-ons, Mcclinton, and Rondale.

Go Deacs.

dammit.. you put the pick right on the spread. That doesnt help any :D

dammit.. you put the pick right on the spread. That doesnt help any :D

Well, maybe if our walk-ons and the other two I mentioned play well toward the end of the game we will finally cover! I'm not really a betting man, but if I was I would be skeptical to pick Wake to cover in just about any game...

So we are 29-0 vs uncg. Bz tried his best to snap the streak on multiple occasions

God I love Collins. He dunks the ball any time he has the opportunity to.
Let's go Codi!

Codi looks a little rough. To be expected. Hudson is taking some ill advised shots.

Good game for Codi to shake off the cobwebs. That being said, UNCG has gone on a 7-0 run since he's entered the game. Correlation? Also, I'm ready for the ACC season to start so we can get off of ESPN3 and I don't have to watch this fucking James Harden commercial anymore.

Last edited:
I know I sound like a broken record, but, Goddamnit Van Horn.

UNCG will go on 6 or 9-0 runs every now and then. That's what happens when a team shoots as many threes as they do.
Our defensive rotations look awful again, leaving guys wide open all over the court. We HAVE to fix this by Xavier or else we will be in for a rude awakening.
Codi's experience can be seen through his entry passes. Much stronger and and better than any other guy on the team. He looks extremely timid though, especially on that fast break where in the past he would have turned that into points.
Doral Moore should be an incredible rim protector but he has let a guy significantly smaller than him score easy buckets.
Lastly, or offense look bad. We need to run plays and pound it inside rather than our guys trying to do it all on their own.

Back