• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC loses to Belmont

With this kind of crap going on, Bz will have a lock on ACC coach of the year!

Some of my friends that went to UNC are ready to fire Roy Williams. Seems perfectly appropriate.

Great Deacon alum is the SID for Belmont. Good crew of '98 Deacs in Chapel Hill today to see the win. Probably the only win they'll see in CH this year.

I was there in spirit.

They aren't very good. 2 good players on the floor today for UNC.

They have 5 freaking Mcdonalds All Americans on their roster. That is one more than WFU has had in the last 25 years. I am sure we will hear plenty about the lack of talent on this year's UNC-ch team but the truth is they once again will have more talent than nearly every team they play this year.

But hey...Roy sure does know how to coach that secondary break.

They have 5 freaking Mcdonalds All Americans on their roster. That is one more than WFU has had in the last 25 years. I am sure we will hear plenty about the lack of talent on this year's UNC-ch team but the truth is they once again will have more talent than nearly every team they play this year.

But hey...Roy sure does know how to coach that secondary break.

funny

When is PJ's ruling going to be made by the NCAA? Is there a timetable for that?

On December 1 the NCAA will apologize to Hairston and UNC for putting the school and him through all this stress. Every college student has the right to have some pot, a gun and ride in a drug dealer's SUV.

Willie Dersch was a burger boy too. UNC may be still landing burger boys, but they've been landing the ones with flaws in their game. Bullock was a dead eye outside shooter, has NBA size to be a 2G and can defend, but he couldn't dribble to save his life or shoot well coming off screens. McAdoo would already be in the Association if he had shown NBA game, which he hasn't before this year. He's soft, not a great defender and is an inconsistent shooter. I wasn't that impressed when I saw them here last year. Haven't seen them yet this year. But the last couple of years, they've looked like a group of kids who have believed their press clippings and didn't want to put in the work, especially on the defensive end.

All that said, Belmont ain't bad either. They've been a fixture in the dance in recent years - they're a good bad conference team, kinda like a Davidson.

Willie Dersch was a burger boy too. UNC may be still landing burger boys, but they've been landing the ones with flaws in their game. Bullock was a dead eye outside shooter, has NBA size to be a 2G and can defend, but he couldn't dribble to save his life or shoot well coming off screens. McAdoo would already be in the Association if he had shown NBA game, which he hasn't before this year. He's soft, not a great defender and is an inconsistent shooter. I wasn't that impressed when I saw them here last year. Haven't seen them yet this year. But the last couple of years, they've looked like a group of kids who have believed their press clippings and didn't want to put in the work, especially on the defensive end.

All that said, Belmont ain't bad either. They've been a fixture in the dance in recent years - they're a good bad conference team, kinda like a Davidson.

A vast majority of CBB have obvious flaws in their games, and the holes have pretty much always struggled to guard since Roy took over.

A vast majority of CBB have obvious flaws in their games, and the holes have pretty much always struggled to guard since Roy took over.

That team that won the natty wasn't this bad on D - and the ones before that year. But I do believe their teams the last 4 years since they won the title have been seriously lacking on D and have not been mentally tough. Even the successful ones that danced - I think they just ran up nice records in a couple of very down ACCs. Not sure if Roy has lost his touch, or whether his pretty talented teams of the last few years have lacked leadership and toughness.

That team that won the natty wasn't this bad on D - and the ones before that year. But I do believe their teams the last 4 years since they won the title have been seriously lacking on D and have not been mentally tough. Even the successful ones that danced - I think they just ran up nice records in a couple of very down ACCs. Not sure if Roy has lost his touch, or whether his pretty talented teams of the last few years have lacked leadership and toughness.

Leadership is dictated by leaders.

That being said they will be more talented than nearly team they play like they are every year.

My favorite part was after the game, the camera showed Roy and Rick Byrd shaking hands, and the announcer (Fran Fraschilla I think) said, "Belmont just put on a coaching clinic."

John Henson is fourth all-time in the ACC in blocks with 277 (and left early). The 2012 team was on a collision course with the UK team that won it all (and lost to that same team on the last possession in Rupp Arena to start the season). I'm not saying they would have won the title, but when somebody undercuts your point guard on the third round of the NCAA tournament and breaks a bone in his hand, there's not a lot you can do.

If you tighten your timeframe up, then yes, recruiting has nosedived since 2010. The class with Harrison Barnes is the last good one Roy has signed. The obvious rise of Kentucky is the intervening factor. I will say that Dook has recruited impressively in the time that UNC has fallen off, which is an unwelcome development.

since 2006 UNC has had 5 top 5 recruiting classes, and 2 top 10 (according to scout). That is some nosedive.

Stuck a Bruiser the Bruin poster on my UNC grad coworkers' computer this morning. Today is going to be a good day.

Back