• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC loses to Belmont

I was at the game. Surreal experience. Carolina took over in the 2nd half and then just tanked in the last 3 minutes. Just horrible.

They aren't very good. 2 good players on the floor today for UNC.

Was Bzz there too?! If so, Roy was Bzdelicked!

I'm not saying they would have won the title, but when somebody undercuts your point guard on the third round of the NCAA tournament and breaks a bone in his hand, there's not a lot you can do.

Undercut point guard has been the tar heel excuse for 3 of your best teams failing to make the Final Four: Derrick Phelps (1993?), Kenny Smith(1984) and Kendall Marshall (2012).

My post said after 2010.

So after 2010, they at best had 2 top 5 classes or at worst, 2 top 10 classes.

E:
2010 4th
2011 9th
2012 8th
2012 13th

vS9UyV0.jpg

Rick Byrd is one hell of a coach. I wonder if Belmont would trade coaches with Wake?

The rumor is that PJ is entirely done at UNC and Leslie McD is in real trouble too.

I mean, would PJ stick around any other team after being busted with drugs, stuff to distribute, and a gun and not be kicked off the team immediately and for good?

I mean, would PJ stick around any other team after being busted with drugs, stuff to distribute, and a gun and not be kicked off the team immediately and for good?

And we will get to hear stories about how ol' Roy does it the right way and most will fall for it. What a freaking fraud.

Undercut point guard has been the tar heel excuse for 3 of your best teams failing to make the Final Four: Derrick Phelps (1993?), Kenny Smith(1984) and Kendall Marshall (2012).

It is true that UNC did not make the Final Four in 1984, 1993 and 2012. For a team who has made more Final Fours in history than, well, everyone else ever, I'm not sure "excuses" is the most accurate charge.

UNC won the national championship in 93. That was the Chris Webber timeout game.

Phelps got hurt in the ACC tournament but came back to play.

And we will get to hear stories about how ol' Roy does it the right way and most will fall for it. What a freaking fraud.

Agree that he seeks a reputation as a do-gooder without backing it up. Just curious, though, what more are you looking for with respect to the Hairston situation besides kicking him off the team? Or are you saying this wasn't Roy's decision, but Roy will take the credit for it and people will fall for that?

Agree that he seeks a reputation as a do-gooder without backing it up. Just curious, though, what more are you looking for with respect to the Hairston situation besides kicking him off the team? Or are you saying this wasn't Roy's decision, but Roy will take the credit for it and people will fall for that?

How was he not dismissed from the team immediately? Would that not have been the right thing?

UNC won the national championship in 93. That was the Chris Webber timeout game.

Phelps got hurt in the ACC tournament but came back to play.

You're right. It was '94 when Danya Abrams foul hurt Phelps. Tar Heels hate Abrams and blame him for the Heels not being able to play in the Final Four in Charlotte. Surprised I screwed up the year. More surprised jhmd didn't catch it.

And from an NCAA standpoint, those aren't even the biggest issues.

Back