• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNC @ WFU – Sat 11/12 – 7:30 ESPN2

It’s all about how you behave as a guest in someone else’s home. I don’t mind people going to away games and cheering hard for their team. But you don’t have to be an ass about it.
There was a UNC fan near us who felt the need to have a running commentary on everything that was happening. Nothing they did was wrong and nothing we did was right.
At least 2 Wake fans (myself included) told him to sit down and shut up.

I would hope Wake fans would have good judgement about which rival team friends and family to invite to a game.

I brought three Duke fans to the 2OT win at the Joel back in the day. It was a wonderful drive back home.

It’s all about how you behave as a guest in someone else’s home. I don’t mind people going to away games and cheering hard for their team. But you don’t have to be an ass about it.
There was a UNC fan near us who felt the need to have a running commentary on everything that was happening. Nothing they did was wrong and nothing we did was right.
At least 2 Wake fans (myself included) told him to sit down and shut up.
I couldn’t help myself from saying something to a similar UNC lady on the way out. Obnoxious as hell the whole game, cheering for players to get injured and disparaging everything WF when she clearly didn’t go anywhere near any college. Even better is that she was with her about 10 year old daughter acting that way.

I brought a UNC friend b/c all my wake friends/family were either already going or were out of town. But because I gave him a ticket, he didn’t wear blue and didn’t really cheer except for a few claps when the game was over.

I couldn’t help myself from saying something to a similar UNC lady on the way out. Obnoxious as hell the whole game, cheering for players to get injured and disparaging everything WF when she clearly didn’t go anywhere near any college. Even better is that she was with her about 10 year old daughter acting that way.
Had a few like that around me, but like true fans they left when it started drizzling. Based on my experience last night, I won’t be in tears if the rumors are true and UNC follows Maryland into Big 10 irrelevancy.

Had a few like that around me, but like true fans they left when it started drizzling. Based on my experience last night, I won’t be in tears if the rumors are true and UNC follows Maryland into Big 10 irrelevancy.
I would be upset because then the ACC would fall apart.

Oh, I'm not saying we can't fuck it up. Don't get me wrong. I'm just of the opinion it gives us a better opportunity than the annual FSU, Clemson and Louisville gauntlet.
It might be we just need a quarterback that can win the big game. Meaning not go 0-3 against Carolina, not go 0-3 against Clemson and of course the debacles in Charlotte against Pittsburgh and Wisconsin.
Sure, lots of yards, touchdowns and other records, but no real big wins save beating NC State at home to get to Charlotte.

It might be we just need a quarterback that can win the big game. Meaning not go 0-3 against Carolina, not go 0-3 against Clemson and of course the debacles in Charlotte against Pittsburgh and Wisconsin.
Sure, lots of yards, touchdowns and other records, but no real big wins save beating NC State at home to get to Charlotte.

I'm ready for 2023 and a fresh perspective. I don't know who or what is to blame but something or some things are obviously NOT working. It's time to move on.

I'm ready for 2023 and a fresh perspective. I don't know who or what is to blame but something or some things are obviously NOT working. It's time to move on.
That’s not guaranteed though. We could have basically the same team, same qb and same coaching staff minus AT.

That’s not guaranteed though. We could have basically the same team, same qb and same coaching staff minus AT.

We could but I doubt it at QB. There is much soul searching and re-thinking that needs to occur this offseason by the staff, the HC and the players. I hope that provides fresh perspective for 2023. I'm also not delusional and understand that your point also is possible. We shall see. But, there are things that need significant attention in the offseason.

We could but I doubt it at QB. There is much soul searching and re-thinking that needs to occur this offseason by the staff, the HC and the players. I hope that provides fresh perspective for 2023. I'm also not delusional and understand that your point also is possible. We shall see. But, there are things that need significant attention in the offseason.
I’m still delusional and hoping we wind up with 9 wins this season. The weird thing is that most years we’d be thrilled with 9. If that happens I’d still be massively disappointed.

Sam usually has no time to throw and does an amazing job. People who want Sam and Clawson gone are insane. 100 TDs and no respect. Geez.

It’s a small sample size, but nearly all of our evidence of being “good” comes from us beating up on bad teams early in the season, and our results as a ranked team playing against conference opponents usually proves us to be merely decent.

I continue to believe that Clawson has designed this Wake program to reach bowl eligibility every season, but not much beyond that. This talent and depth level makes for great Septembers but awful Novembers.
Maybe but we looked legit against Clemson.

The team did. I still question burning the last 38 seconds of regulation, and please don't tell me about the metrics of home teams and OT.

This was Clemson. The longer it went, advantage them.

Last edited:
People saying they would be massively disappointed in a 9 win season at Wake Forest should be assaulted, at least verbally. Even though we were hoping for more and with all the hype surrounding this season it should still be criminal to hint of Clawson leaving or Sam.

Wanting them gone is ridiculous. Coaches and players go through slumps. They are definitely in one.

Expecting 9 or more wins with possibly the best collection of talent in school history is not crazy or criminal. It is perfectly fine to be upset about losing to teams they shouldn't and in ways that are mind boggling.

Clawson is still the guy for us and Sam is still the best option, but I think I expected a senior year Wolford year and we’re basically getting the same Sam as last year with no running threat, and the bounces haven’t gone our way. Could nit pick about in game decisions here and there for sure, but I think basically it’s a Sam plateau (still very good!) and random variance. Clawson even kind of predicted that might happen, which I’m not sure was the right MINDSET, but whatever.

People saying they would be massively disappointed in a 9 win season at Wake Forest should be assaulted, at least verbally. Even though we were hoping for more and with all the hype surrounding this season it should still be criminal to hint of Clawson leaving or Sam.
I'm old enough to have plenty of perspective of how good historically not only a 9 win is at Wake, but any winning season at all. However, we were ranked 10th at 6-1 and I was hearing some of the analysts saying Wake would probably go 11-1 or at worst 10-2. Winning the last 2 regular games and a bowl game, would be nice and we all hope for that, but as a whole this season will be disappointing.

Back