• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unofficial 2011 NCAA Tournament Thread

"Fuck mother fuckers up. Team on three. 1 2 3. TEAM!"

Done.

Yea don't get me wrong, guy is an up and coming star, but I think his stock is a little overrated right now. The Shaka Smart slurping on these and the "other" boards is getting a little out of hand.

On his post game interview, he just said "All I really care about is that these guys guard, and then on the other end they can just go play their game."

WAT???? That's Dino 2.0, right there.

lol their d really does look weird. It sets out as a 2-3, then just evolves into a junk defense where they all guard the guy near them.

Quote taken from wikipedia, for good fun:

Coach Smart's teams play a style of basketball known as "havoc". Smart described his "havoc" defensive philosophy during his introductory press conference as, "We are going to wreak havoc on our opponent's psyche and their plan of attack."

Shaka Smart - 2 NCCA tournament victories and CBI champs in two years of head coaching

Jeff [Redacted] - 0 NCAA victories and an NIT Final Four in 25 years of head coaching.

There was somebody today (I think it was Oakland's coach), that said he didn't know how to teach a zone. I thought that was funny...

"I'm not really a zone guy," he said. "I don't even know how to teach a 2-3 to be honest with you. In the past, out of a timeout I've done some 2-3, and I had to have my assistants do it because I don't know how to do it."

Jeff [Redacted]
October 14, 2010

Today's games should be interesting. Who does everyone think are the most likely upset candidates today? I would not be surprised to see Gonzaga beat BYU, and perhaps in a bit of wishful thinking (due to my dislike of UConn) to see Cincinnati win tonight.

ThompsonOUT

JT3 definitely peaked with the 2007 Final 4 team. In 4 years since then, he's gone 1-3 in the NCAA tournament (3 seasons) and missed it altogether in another.

And of course, there's this little gem of a stat: JT3's Big East record (7 seasons overall) up to vs. after the Final 4 appearance:

First 4 seasons: 46-20
Last 3 seasons: 27-27

Now, I'm not saying that the Big East has "figured out" his little Princeton offense stuff, but...I think the rest of the Big East has figured out his little Princeton offense stuff.

JT3 definitely peaked with the 2007 Final 4 team. In 4 years since then, he's gone 1-3 in the NCAA tournament (3 seasons) and missed it altogether in another.

And of course, there's this little gem of a stat: JT3's Big East record (7 seasons overall) up to vs. after the Final 4 appearance:

First 4 seasons: 46-20
Last 3 seasons: 27-27

Now, I'm not saying that the Big East has "figured out" his little Princeton offense stuff, but...I think the rest of the Big East has figured out his little Princeton offense stuff.

Georgetown is overrated every year. It gets ridiculous. The GU guys I know always slob all over their teams and the Big East. I actually had VCU going to the sweet sixteen i my bracket.

Today's games should be interesting. Who does everyone think are the most likely upset candidates today? I would not be surprised to see Gonzaga beat BYU, and perhaps in a bit of wishful thinking (due to my dislike of UConn) to see Cincinnati win tonight.

I think Gonzaga has a good chance. I think Butler has a good shot at Pitt actually.

As I have said all along, BYU is going to struggle with Sacre and the interior. Jimmer will get his, but it may not be enough if the others don't pull their part.

"I'm not really a zone guy," he said. "I don't even know how to teach a 2-3 to be honest with you. In the past, out of a timeout I've done some 2-3, and I had to have my assistants do it because I don't know how to do it."

Jeff [Redacted]
October 14, 2010

Must make Chairman Wellman proud.

I think the best games are undubitably the first one (WVU/UK) and then the final two of the night (KSU/WISC and CIN/UCONN).

Kentucky will be using this game to gather momentum to take down Ohio State next game. With the recent events at OSU, I want nothing more than to destroy those cheaters.

Gtown fan here. It's difficult to make a change at this point. He definitely recruits at a very high level and his dad is a god in that program. At the same time, it's very obvious that the offense just doesn't work, and that's with two senior guards running it last night. They could definitely attract an elite coach, but JTIII is gonna get a few more years prob.

Think BYU / Gonzaga has the best potential of all the games today. The game I'm probably looking forward to the least is UConn / Cincinnati, simply because (1) I expect UConn to win handily and (2) both are Big East teams and, at this point in the tournament, I really just can't get into intraconference matchups.

KSU / Wisconsin seems like it will just be really boring. I'm hoping / expecting that Pullen was just take over and spare us all from having to watch any more Wisconsin basketball.

Did anybody just hear that story about Coach Cal/his cousin and Coach Bob Huggins.

whats everybody brackets at? my main 2 are at 99.4% and 97.7%

Back