• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Unofficial] Tulane Prediction Thread

I think our ability to run the ball and limit Hartman early to quick hits to Dortch and gang along with quick screen to RBs will get our O flowing early and build Hartman's confidence early to open up more in 2nd half. I haven't found Clawson to blow a lot of smoke about his teams in the past and what I have heard since spring on our D side is that we will be much improved. Hard to believe that given loss of the constant disruptor Ejiofor, but we must have really improved our LB quickness and overall strength of DL for him to be so positive.

So I'm going with 31-17 and Deac nation realizes Claw knew what he was seeing on D side and reason for a lot of optimism and something to grow on as well. My one concern is Tulane's O experience and mobile QB and they are a team absolutely determined to get a big P5 win after their heartbreak against SMU. They truly got the lowf treatment and robbed of a bowl game if you pull up the last play of that game which should have had them bowling.

TU:34 - WF:15 FR QB on the road... against an option offense. I've been feeling way to good about WF football, and we've all been drinking the Kool Aid since the Belk Bowl... i'm sorry to say it's probably time for some humble pie! I hope not, and hope they prove me wrong, of course!

If Hartman can help us win his first game (on the road), i'll be very impressed!

Wake wins with surprising ease - 34-17
Colburn for 121
Smenda gets 6 tackles and looks impressive
Strnad has a good start to an All-ACC season
Commentators say something to the effect of: “Hartman is certainly not acting like a freshman.”
1st half feels like it will be close, but the second half has a completely different feel.

Wake wins with surprising ease - 34-17
Colburn for 121
Smenda gets 6 tackles and looks impressive
Strnad has a good start to an All-ACC season
Commentators say something to the effect of: “Hartman is certainly not acting like a freshman.”
1st half feels like it will be close, but the second half has a completely different feel.
Dortch is MVP with great special teams work to go along with 9 catches for 108 yards.

We will be losing at the end of Q1 but pull it out 28-24.

200 yards rushing
200 yards all purpose for Dortch

Deacs win 34-20.

Deacs 31 - Tulane 21
Hartman with 250+ passing yards.

I have a pretty solid feeling about how our defense will perform today. Our linebackers and defensive line are extremely athletic. I think we’ll do a solid job against the option if we can just stay disciplined (obvious but still).

didn't our defense give up 6000 yards to a&m, then graduate our best players?

Back