• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Unofficial] Tulane Prediction Thread

Differences from Texas A&M game ^

We’re playing Tulane
We’ve got Clawson
We have legitimately confident returnees on defense
We have an explosive offense that will not back down in face of any adversity
Mark it down as a W.

Linebackers being much more athletic is the biggest difference for me Diggler. Especially against an option offense.

That being said, being young-ish worries me about our discipline.

An explosive offense with a QB who hasn't yet taken one college snap. Yeah, pump the breaks, fellas.

An explosive offense with a QB who hasn't yet taken one college snap. Yeah, pump the breaks, fellas.

If we get off to a bad start this season because of QB play, Kendall Hinton should be ashamed to show his face in public.

While also losing our two best pass rushers.

I think a lot of stock is being placed in Sawvel's system being better understood/implemented than in his first season. One can only hope this is the case.

Current line is WF -6; total 57.5; so using those numbers the final would be 32-26.

54% of the action is on WF
51% of the action is on the over

Really hard to handicap opening games because teams change so much from one year to the next. I would lean to the under (very unusual for a true frosh to light up even a weak opponent in his first college start, and if WF relies on the running attack, that will shorten the game; also, WF is working in a new kicker which is always dicey), and expect the game to be close. Looks like Scotty Washington won't play which would be a big loss for the WF O.

Are we gonna come out running the same RPO as last year? Of Freudenthal and Chapman who is the better receiving weapon? What are Hartman's wheels like?

I cannot wait to get answers to some of these questions tonight. My work productivity is quite low today.

I'm bullish on Clawson and the Deacs. I think we win this one with relative ease.

Differences from Texas A&M game ^

We’re playing Tulane
We’ve got Clawson
We have legitimately confident returnees on defense
We have an explosive offense that will not back down in face of any adversity
Mark it down as a W.

Clawson missed the Belk Bowl? 55 points wasn't explosive?

It looks like there may be a perfect middle for this game. A couple places have it a -6.5 and a couple have -7.5. Although it's not that likely happen, if you bet Wake -6.5 and Tulane +7.5 and we win by 7 you win both bets.

Let's say you bet $110 to win a $100 on each side. All you really have at risk is $10, but you can win $200.

Here's the easy math:

Wake wins 35-31

You lose $110 on Wake -6.5
You net a win of $100 on Tulane
Net loss $10 (the same works if we blow them out)

If we win 35-28

You win $100 on Wake -6.5
You win $100 on Tulane +7.5

The odds are you are going to lose $10, but 7 is a great number to have in the middle in football.

If I were gonna bet on this one I'd take the over and wouldn't bet the spread. It dipped to 56.5. S&P has the final 37-28 (Wake) - which is well over and the strength of both teams are the offenses.

If I were gonna bet on this one I'd take the over and wouldn't bet the spread. It dipped to 56.5. S&P has the final 37-28 (Wake) - which is well over and the strength of both teams are the offenses.
Agreed. The only way we see the under is if the WF defense makes a powerful statement in this game. Claw has made it very clear that we are not going to play cautiously on offense. We will be uptempo and we will either score a lot or turn it over a lot. Either way, the under is very unlikely. My personal opinion is the Wake defense is going to fare better than the Tulane defense.

Agreed. The only way we see the under is if the WF defense makes a powerful statement in this game. Claw has made it very clear that we are not going to play cautiously on offense. We will be uptempo and we will either score a lot or turn it over a lot. Either way, the under is very unlikely. My personal opinion is the Wake defense is going to fare better than the Tulane defense.

Back