• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

penguin-getting-eaten-by-killer-whale.jpg

depends on the urban environment. sf? they're fine/great. easy to get them to a park, water, hike, etc. nyc? nope nope nope.

A small percentage of me sort of agrees with Donald Sterling that Magic isnt the best role model.

People are making way too big of a deal about his comments. After watching his CNN interview, he's clearly a confused, old, rambling man, possibly with early onset dementia. People should just ignore him and he'll eventually just go away, or die.

Yeah, that last sentence isn't true at all. Dude owns a $1B NBA franchise that has a legit shot to win a NBA title. He (and his wife/family) are not just going to go away. I buy that he is a confused, old, rambling man who may have early onset dementia though.

People are making way too big of a deal about his comments. After watching his CNN interview, he's clearly a confused, old, rambling man, possibly with early onset dementia. People should just ignore him and he'll eventually just go away, or die.

Yeah, that last sentence isn't true at all. Dude owns a $1B NBA franchise that has a legit shot to win a NBA title. He (and his wife/family) are not just going to go away. I buy that he is a confused, old, rambling man who may have early onset dementia though.

Yeah, regardless of what he did in the past, the Donny Sterls of today is really just a pathetic figure. He built a great empire, but the world in which he built that empire has passed him by. It's time for him to step aside for a few reasons.

My point though was that while Im sure Magic has probably raised a bunch of cash for charity (which also is not the same as giving it yourself), he was one of the biggest known womanizers and partiers in LA in the 80s. And he was married with children when he received his diagnosis. Not exactly the greatest family man that ever lived.

Now we're just saying things.

No, I think labs are a bad breed...sweet but dumb, oversized and victims of inbreeding to the point where they have tons of health issues. They perform well as service dogs because they are so docile after 3 years of age, but their intelligence has been overstated. Hounds are also sweet but dumb. Golden Retrievers are much smarter, and Australian Cattle Dogs make all of them look like idiots. (I've owned all four at some point).

my collie/retriever mix is almost the perfect dog imo. only issue is he gets a little anxious because of the collie at times (thunder, car rides, and a couple other things).

my collie/retriever mix is almost the perfect dog imo. only issue is he gets a little anxious because of the collie at times (thunder, car rides, and a couple other things).

I've never owned a collie but my aunt and uncle had one....that dog was a lot sharper than a lab IMHO. Australian Cattle Dogs (Blue Heelers) have some collie in them I believe.

problem with Labrador retrievers is the wide range of breeding stock; you can get some excellent labs. the ones used in service applications are not as dumb as the run of the mill idiot pups from farms and trailer park litters

problem with Labrador retrievers is the wide range of breeding stock; you can get some excellent labs. the ones used in service applications are not as dumb as the run of the mill idiot pups from farms and trailer park litters

I agree with this. Labs that are working dogs are very smart.

It is taking a LOT of effort to not get seriously butthurt over the attack on labs.
Mr. Jackson is the smartest dog I've ever known that's not specially trained for something (like the police dogs).

I no longer support zoos or aquariums. I understand the importance of having animals in captivity for research and conservation efforts, but I'm having a hard time supporting it on a massive scale anymore. I've started to feel this way for a while and especially after watching "Blackfish" and the incidents in Denmark with the way the giraffes were killed.

I no longer support zoos or aquariums. I understand the importance of having animals in captivity for research and conservation efforts, but I'm having a hard time supporting it on a massive scale anymore. I've started to feel this way for a while and especially after watching "Blackfish" and the incidents in Denmark with the way the giraffes were killed.

I can understand this perspective. I'm confident that Sea World and that Copenhagen Zoo are radically different from most accredited zoos. Not all zoos are created equal. A good example of the benefit of zoos can be found by reading up on Red Wolf conservation. They have been successfully reintroduced to the wild thanks to captive breeding programs.

Agreed. Imprisoning animals in unnatural habits so that humans can admire them, doesn't make you an animal lover.

Agreed. Imprisoning animals in unnatural habits so that humans can admire them, doesn't make you an animal lover.

So you guys don't eat animal meat/fish then either?

I eat meat every good damn day. Do we really need to re-hash my feelings on how much bullshit raising free range chicken is?

Back