• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I have the #scoop you guys!

A persons preference of breakfast vs lunch can heavily be explained by the overall quality of food they eat. That is, someone who spends more time/money or has a bigger opportunity to eat high quality foods will prefer lunch over breakfast. That's why I think the bigger city folks who have a lot more good food options are going to end up pro-lunch while smaller city people might be pro-breakfast.

It's easier to make a fancy breakfast than a fancy lunch, and if food options are limited, lunch and dinner can become somewhat repetitive and boring, while breakfast is more unique or whatever. So I can see if you live in a place without a ton of monte ethnic and experimental food, you might prefer breakfast over lunch.

luckily, you're moving to a small town with shit food options in a month or two and can let us know if this is true

Unpopular opinions (Or: bdz gets aggressive about food)

I think Jon Hamm has improved his acting significantly since season 1. He's also funny as hell when he does comedies, so I don't buy that argument that Hamm is an average actor at this juncture.

Mad Men can be mad boring. The kids on the show - Sally, Glen, Bobby - are pretty plastic actors too.

I think Jon Hamm has improved his acting significantly since season 1. He's also funny as hell when he does comedies, so I don't buy that argument that Hamm is an average actor at this juncture.

I could understand people doubting Hamm's acting chops early on. Now that he's shown up in a lot of different things and it's pretty clear he's kind of a cornball in real life, his work as Don/Dick is brilliant.

By the way, here is a clip of 25 year old Jon Hamm on "The Big Date."

maybe

lots of stories about him still bombing movie auditions around town. he looks awful in that baseball movie coming out.

maybe

lots of stories about him still bombing movie auditions around town. he looks awful in that baseball movie coming out.

??

also, yes re: the baseball movie; though that looks more like a function of the movie itself.

Mad Men can be mad boring. The kids on the show - Sally, Glen, Bobby - are pretty plastic actors too.

Happens frequently with kids in multi-year shows. They change a lot over 7 years, and end up being pretty average. The funniest is when they turn out to be ugly.

maybe

He is perfect as Don Draper. Doesn't seem to be very flexible though.

ETA: Agree with Ph, Sally is pretty awesome. I haven't watched the current season but up through last year she was good.

??

also, yes re: the baseball movie; though that looks more like a function of the movie itself.

i've heard stories from peeps in the BIZ that hamm will be at the top of the list when casting for movies then he SUCKS in auditions. apparently happens somewhat frequently.

didn't they recast bobby like four times?

and glen is matthew weiner's son iirc

i've heard stories from peeps in the BIZ that hamm will be at the top of the list when casting for movies then he SUCKS in auditions. apparently happens somewhat frequently.

i just love the idea of awkward jon hamm bombing an audition

sometimes i wonder if bad or average actors got to where they were in their careers strictly on their DONGS or TITS

I could understand people doubting Hamm's acting chops early on. Now that he's shown up in a lot of different things and it's pretty clear he's kind of a cornball in real life, his work as Don/Dick is brilliant.

By the way, here is a clip of 25 year old Jon Hamm on "The Big Date."

LOL that video. Hope she got a look at his groin region to make the choice a bit easier.

I saw more of it a few weeks ago. He didn't get picked by her or the next girl to pick.

Back