• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I have long thought that there is a market for ATMs that offer small bills. I would pay a pretty significant premium to be able to get dollar bills or even five dollar bills out, solely for tipping situations (mainly valet).

My local TD Bank has one. Got $100 in fives for my golf bag, $700 in hundreds for Vegas.

“Mainly valet” uh-huh ;) . Also humblebrag

Lived in Dallas for 4 years. There's valet everywhere regardless of price point. It's actually really annoying. I waited 20 minutes for my car once after spending $10 on fried chicken.

Last edited:
That's one of the best humble brags I've seen. Somehow taking out $35 a few times is beneath him.

What ATM let's you take out $35? Literally the only thing I use cash for is to tip so I am not sure what that does for me anyway.

A lot better solution that having to whip out your phone and inputting some code to send money.

I have long thought that there is a market for ATMs that offer small bills. I would pay a pretty significant premium to be able to get dollar bills or even five dollar bills out, solely for tipping situations (mainly valet).

Just go to a strip club to get some change.

They have those on some college campuses actually. You can withdraw $1.

Lived in Dallas for 4 years. There's valet everywhere regardless of price point. It's actually really annoying. I waited 20 minutes for my car once after spending $10 on fried chicken.

This is extremely annoying. You have to valet almost everywhere in Dallas these days. And in a lot of areas with bars and restaurants, you'll get ticketed or towed if you park in the surrounding neighborhoods, so you have no choice.

i think the real takeaway here is that dallas sucks moose balls

This is extremely annoying. You have to valet almost everywhere in Dallas these days. And in a lot of areas with bars and restaurants, you'll get ticketed or towed if you park in the surrounding neighborhoods, so you have no choice.

I usually take Uber going out, but I love having someone take my car for me.

I want to park my own car and carry my own bags. Part of that is I don't want to interact with people and part of it is I'm cheap and don't want to pay for something I'm capable of doing.

Valet'ing is one of the simpler pleasures in life. You can valet at staples center and boom you're 10 yards from the entrance.

Valet'ing is one of the simpler pleasures in life. You can valet at staples center and boom you're 10 yards from the entrance.

Wait what? Any Joe Schmo can do this regardless of their ticket level? How much does it cost?

i think the real takeaway here is that dallas sucks moose balls

Hence why I don't live there anymore....

The valet issue is emblematic of the overall snobbiness of many in the city. Also, it's super fucking hot and super fucking boring too.

Back