• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Get woke folks -- if your SO is going to cheat, she's going to cheat whether you have this rule or not. Same with you. All this rule does is show that you don't trust each other not to cheat, which means your relationship is probably already shit. If you can't trust yourself not to jump on a person you are alone with during a meal, you are basically an animal and need professional help.

Get woke folks -- if your SO is going to cheat, she's going to cheat whether you have this rule or not. Same with you. All this rule does is show that you don't trust each other not to cheat, which means your relationship is probably already shit. If you can't trust yourself not to jump on a person you are alone with during a meal, you are basically an animal and need professional help.

#Hottake, #endthread.

You taking about a Law Firm? I work in one. My last 2 bosses were female. The CEO of our firm is a female. I work on a floor with 3 males, and 17 females. Our Male Female Attorney ratio is 50-50, give and take a little each way when we get new hires/summer associates. I have found this law firm to be quite level, or at least getting there, and the same can be said for working with 2 other pretty big law firms, Jones Day, and King and Spalding

I don't doubt it's that way where your S/O works, but I don't think the industry, atleast in my experience, has plenty of females around.

I meant I work at a law firm and have no interest in dating any other attorney. My girlfriend runs a tasting room and marketing for a distillery.

Years ago a friend asked his mother about dealing with jealousy. She said, "the day he does not notice an attractive woman is the day he's no longer choosing to come home to me. I want him to make that choice every day."

That resonated with me. No one can be everything for a person. Give someone space to be themselves and they might just choose you.

This is a v good post.

idk...maybe I've been married too long, but after 27 years, she's going to do (or have done) what she is going to do.

Basically, I try to be a good husband and friend, be a good father, and then it's up to her whether she wants to stay in this marriage. Reverse is also true. I can't IMAGINE having gone through the last 27 years with some artificial rules about this shit.

Finally the right take on this (maybe leaving out the animal/professional help line). No trust if you have to have a rule or even a discussion about this type of thing

non unpopular: there are a lot of people getting up in arms about something that should totally be a 'you do you' situation.

This guy shouldn't have dined alone with a coworker
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ewd-sexual-harassment-is-placed-on-leave.html

NPR reported Tuesday that Oreskes was formally rebuked following a separate incident two years ago where a female producer complained she was made to feel uncomfortable after a dinner in which Oreskes talked about sex and inquired about her personal life. The woman, Rebecca Hersher, said on the NPR report that "it undercut my confidence."

Maybe he did it, maybe it's an empty accusation?

non unpopular: there are a lot of people getting up in arms about something that should totally be a 'you do you' situation.

You seem unfamiliar with this thread.

People who don’t donate to the Deacon Club have no right to criticize Wellman, the coaches, the players, or the facilities.

People who don’t donate to the Deacon Club have no right to criticize Wellman, the coaches, the players, or the facilities.

Alumni (who live within a reasonable driving distance) who don't attend games regularly have no right to criticize Wellman, the coaches, the players, or the facilities.

nah that one's going to be unpopular Brasky.

Edit: I'm an idiot, that's the purpose of the thread

Last edited:
Sports, especially college level, are taken way too seriously and the level of obsession grown men have with the lives of 18-24yr olds is bizarre.

Back