• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

If the dad or son also played in the NFL and there is a need for disambiguation, I see the point. I'm a Jr. I used it growing up because my dad is a well respected person in my hometown. I don't use it professionally but if I worked with my dad or he was in the same field, I would.

I feel like you're missing the point. They're doing it to pay homage to a family member, not to alleviate confusion...

Paying homage to one's father, grandfather, son, etc. is pretty cool. Disagree here.

I feel like you're missing the point. They're doing it to pay homage to a family member, not to alleviate confusion...

They already have the last name of said family member on the back of their jersey.

And the reason the name is on there is to avoid confusion for fans, so you don't have to have a program to match numbers and names. It has nothing to do with the player paying homage to anyone, it is to identify them because they are all wearing the same clothes and a helmet. Assuming their son or father isn't playing on the same team, there is no need for anything other than the last name.

They already have the last name of said family member on the back of their jersey.

And the reason the name is on there is to avoid confusion for fans, so you don't have to have a program to match numbers and names. It has nothing to do with the player paying homage to anyone, it is to identify them because they are all wearing the same clothes and a helmet. Assuming their son or father isn't playing on the same team, there is no need for anything other than the last name.

Or if you know, they want to pay homage to their relative, by acknowledging they were named (first name!) after their father/grandfather. The Sr. does strike me as a bit more weird.

Unless they are actually on the same team at the same time, why would there be confusion?

Maybe there won't be. Both Brandon Marshalls seem to be fine. But it's a decent reason.

I realize that. I just think it's unnecessary.

Ehh, I really don't like him at all, but do wish he'd come back and post.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, our views don't align. I just liked the face some old guy hated millennials so much that he had to remind them on a message board every single day.

being born in the 80s and grouped with millennials sucks. I'm still searching for floppy #3 for oregon trail and have no idea what a snapchat is.

math blaster ftw

ETA: it was number munchers before math blaster. memory failing me

Last edited:
Judging by the commercials I've seen today, this is apparently an unpopular opinion: November 4 is not part of the Christmas season

Finally the right take on this (maybe leaving out the animal/professional help line). No trust if you have to have a rule or even a discussion about this type of thing

Is it ok that you do you, and i do me? Without making pretty conclusive judgments about eachother's relationship because we don't eat lunch one on one with the opposite sex?

Back