• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Is it ok that you do you, and i do me? Without making pretty conclusive judgments about eachother's relationship because we don't eat lunch one on one with the opposite sex?

This thread is about opinions, my friend. You do you, obviously.

being born in the 80s and grouped with millennials sucks. I'm still searching for floppy #3 for oregon trail and have no idea what a snapchat is.

math blaster ftw

ETA: it was number munchers before math blaster. memory failing me

I wasn't really raised in the 00's. I'm a 90's kids. The kids born 78/80-88/89 need a generational name. Something to reflect our awesomeness.

This thread is about opinions, my friend. You do you, obviously.

Ok, opinion: I think stating that someone's relationship must not have trust because of a boundary a person and their spouse agree to without knowing the person or their spouse, or any other aspect about their marriage, is lazy and dumb

Ok, opinion: I think stating that someone's relationship must not have trust because of a boundary a person and their spouse agree to without knowing the person or their spouse, or any other aspect about their marriage, is lazy and dumb

Now you're gettin' it!

Completely agree with that. I could see that divide at Wake. The 78 and 79 kids who were sophomores and freshmen when I was a senior had Internet in high school. That was a game changer. They also didn't experience the Gulf War as vividly at 11-12 years old as we did at 14-15 years old.

Completely agree with that. I could see that divide at Wake. The 78 and 79 kids who were sophomores and freshmen when I was a senior had Internet in high school. That was a game changer. They also didn't experience the Gulf War as vividly at 11-12 years old as we did at 14-15 years old.

I get that kind of, and maybe I don't feel that divide as much because my sister is your age, but I think our commonality of not having email before we got to college and cell phones until after college makes my experience align more closely with yours than folks 3-4 years younger.

I think the best descriptor of the bridge generation is the first generation to be intuitively comfortable with technology/computers and the last to grownup without it.

Last edited:

I was '78 (class of 00), but I didn't have internet in HS - my first experience was when I got my Stinkpad the summer before freshman year. I also remember the Gulf War really well, but part of that is because my dad was part the next group that was going to be called up when the war ended.

You people don't know what it's like to operate in the business world where your boss or a client would just call you up and go over ten things.

Pretty much. But the two people I work most closely with are both in their mid 60s and about to retire in the spring. So that could be part of it.

i have more problems with the employees in their 50s needing input on minutiae than the 20 and 28 yr olds

I agree with that, but I find that it's problematic on both ends. There are a lot of 20 somethings who think they know a lot more than they really do and don't ask for help/input and then create consequences that they didn't intend/think of. The olds who need hand-holding are usually the ones who have been beaten down by an authoritative boss over the years and now that it's their time to lead they don't know what to do and can't make a decision on their own. That's obviously a broad generalization on both ends, but I can see a lot of these instances in my current job.

I agree with that, but I find that it's problematic on both ends. There are a lot of 20 somethings who think they know a lot more than they really do and don't ask for help/input and then create consequences that they didn't intend/think of. The olds who need hand-holding are usually the ones who have been beaten down by an authoritative boss over the years and now that it's their time to lead they don't know what to do and can't make a decision on their own. That's obviously a broad generalization on both ends, but I can see a lot of these instances in my current job.

Well put, I agree with all this.

it's not unusual for 20 somethings to think they know more than they do. that's not a generational thing

it's not unusual for 20 somethings to think they know more than they do. that's not a generational thing

No, certainly not. But this current generation of 20 somethings is not the same as the last generation of 20 somethings.

Back