• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I really enjoy, even look forward to, paying my annual vehicle “taxes” in ole meeje. Otherwise known as the piso. It is quite the experience man. Dude is carteled out. But it keeps me rollin. Rollin dirty.

The NFL needs to get rid of allowing "Jr." and "Sr." on the back of jerseys. It makes absolutely no sense, the jersey shows the person's last name, and Jr. or Sr. is a reflection of their first name. ODB's last name isn't Beckham, Jr., it is Beckham; his first name is Odell, Jr. If his first name was John, his last name wouldn't be Beckham, Jr. If you aren't going to put most people's first names on the jersey, why do you put a part of some others'?

The NFL needs to get rid of allowing "Jr." and "Sr." on the back of jerseys. It makes absolutely no sense, the jersey shows the person's last name, and Jr. or Sr. is a reflection of their first name. ODB's last name isn't Beckham, Jr., it is Beckham; his first name is Odell, Jr. If his first name was John, his last name wouldn't be Beckham, Jr. If you aren't going to put most people's first names on the jersey, why do you put a part of some others'?

Paying homage to one's father, grandfather, son, etc. is pretty cool. Disagree here.

Very family values of you...

Paying homage to one's father, grandfather, son, etc. is pretty cool. Disagree here.

If the dad or son also played in the NFL and there is a need for disambiguation, I see the point. I'm a Jr. I used it growing up because my dad is a well respected person in my hometown. I don't use it professionally but if I worked with my dad or he was in the same field, I would.

Sports, especially college level, are taken way too seriously and the level of obsession grown men have with the lives of 18-24yr olds is bizarre.

To carry this further, the obsession with college recruiting is hyper-creepy. You have grown-ass adults posting videos and following social media of kids that are in high school. Gross.

If the dad or son also played in the NFL and there is a need for disambiguation, I see the point. I'm a Jr. I used it growing up because my dad is a well respected person in my hometown. I don't use it professionally but if I worked with my dad or he was in the same field, I would.

Unless they are actually on the same team at the same time, why would there be confusion?

Unless they are actually on the same team at the same time, why would there be confusion?

Griffeys didn't even do it...

Senior_Griffey_joins_Junior_in_Seattle_0_42765398_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

I like when teams put just the last name on the back even when players have the same last name. so no A. Smith and C. Smith, just Smith.

+1

Gonna name my kid Cole, seems like all the rage these days. I teach five of them.

If you do that, you also need to incorporate the trend of naming everyone the same thing but jacking up the spelling to make it unique. So instead of Cole he can be Khole, Cohle, Coalle, etc

Back