• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I think 40% of Wake students just thought the trees looked pretty with the leaves changing in October when they visited and had Wake as their first choice and liked that it was small.

Meh. This is my current breakdown of Wake Forest students. Is it wrong?

50% Kids who didn't get into Duke (or Northwestern or Stanford or Rice or other private schools directly below Ivy level)
20% Athletes
10% Legacies
10% AZNs (from real Asia)
10% Family members of Wake employees

Elon is just the next level down. Same model.

You think there are 800-1000 athletes?

10% legacies would be about 1/3 of the number of legacies at most Ivies.

Charlotte is 20% Wake Grads. At least my Charlotte is.

Also a lot of Georgia grads. Only a couple from UNC-C.

"Trend" is a noun, not a verb, per both me and Merriam-Webster. Trending and trended are not real words, stop using them like they are. Just like reporting about what happens on Twitter is not real news. Fucking millennials.

well, turns out Trend is a verb....per Merriam Webster, so this is not just unpopular, it's actually a factually wrong opinion:

vdcHwsk.jpg

lol beat me to it. 2&2 exhibited a typical millennial move to be too lazy to scroll past just the first few lines.

Last edited:
these last three posts are my favorites (maybe this isn't unpopular).

Oops. Fucking OWGs. Though in my mind it is still only a noun. I will amend my unpopular opinion to be that even though some rubes may choose to use it as a verb, I think it sounds douchey.

"Verbing—or denominalisation, as it is known to grammarians—is not new. Steven Pinker, in his book “The Language Instinct” (1994), points out that “easy conversion of nouns to verbs has been part of English grammar for centuries; it is one of the processes that make English English.” Elizabethan writers revelled in it: Shakespeare’s Duke of York, in “Richard II” (c1595), says “Grace me no grace, nor uncle me no uncle”, and the 1552 Book of Common Prayer includes a service “commonly called the Churching of Women”."

God damn Shakespeare is butchering the English language.

Shakespeare was an early OWG. Not the original OWG though, that would definitely be Chaucer.

It's no surprise that 2and2 mistook his opinions for facts. He's been doing it on these message boards since long before I joined.

Back