• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

This one is because Brits are flipping their shit over a multiracial princess.

Flipping their shit? Your post was the first time I've even heard of any discord. I didn't even realize she was multiracial (to be fair, I didn't know who she was at all until the engagement was announced).

I work with several BC grads and don’t notice much of a difference between them and people at Wake. Definitely agree that those two student bodies are drawing from similar groups

Triple Eagles are THE douchiest of them all. Wake doesn't have a comparable subset of alums.

UVA douches are way more southern frat, Wake douches were similar to wannabe Charlotte frat gods in the way that they tried to act like bad A southern frat dudes, but nobody believed them.

Maybe UVA and Wake nerds are the same doe. I didn't associate with them.

And to be clear, I was in a Southern frat at Charlotte, and thought all my brothers who tried to act that way were suuuuuuuper lame.

Last edited:
Triple Eagles are THE douchiest of them all. Wake doesn't have a comparable subset of alums.

One guy I work with is a double Eagle. He's a pretty big sports fan - has season tickets to football but said he just doesn't care about basketball at all.

I thought the school was called UNC-C and the sports teams were called Charlotte. The esteemed poster Go Niners has made that perfectly clear on multiple occasions.

I have no idea. They have "southern frats" at Charlotte? I thought everyone lived at home/near work and commuted?

Nah man plenty of people live on campus. There is even a greek village now, that opened my senior year.

To summarize my hot take, Wake kids are much more comparable to Elon students than UVA kids.

Stop saying Charlotte grads. it doesn't mean anything and it seems to refer to anyone who lives in Charlotte and graduated from a college.

Stop saying Charlotte grads. it doesn't mean anything and it seems to refer to anyone who lives in Charlotte and graduated from a college.

Meh. This is my current breakdown of Wake Forest students. Is it wrong?

50% Kids who didn't get into Duke (or Northwestern or Stanford or Rice or other private schools directly below Ivy level)
20% Athletes
10% Legacies
10% AZNs (from real Asia)
10% Family members of Wake employees

Elon is just the next level down. Same model.

Last edited:
Well the fact that around half your student population didn't want to go there in the first place would explain the apathy and lowered expectations when it comes to athletics.

in what world do you think this is true?

Back