• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

This is the opinions thread and post fact world. If someone were to say something like 41% of students that go to wake were early decision students, that would be a fact that destroys that opinion but like I said opinions.

This is the opinions thread and post fact world. If someone were to say something like 41% of students that go to wake were early decision students, that would be a fact that destroys that opinion but like I said opinions.

What you did there. I see it. Doubt Brasky really adequately understands the early decision/early action process, though.

I applied to Wake as single choice and did not fit any of the other categories. I guess that makes me Neo

Meh. This is my current breakdown of Wake Forest students. Is it wrong?

50% Kids who didn't get into Duke (or Northwestern or Stanford or Rice or other private schools directly below Ivy level)
20% Athletes
10% Legacies
10% AZNs (from real Asia)
10% Family members of Wake employees

Elon is just the next level down. Same model.

Is this one of those things they call a "hot-take"?

brasky's right about me in that I could not have gotten into a better school and that my legacy status was possibly the only reason I got into Wake

UVA and Wake grads are not that similar from my experiences

I've also never seen Master and Commander.

But you know what's a rewatchable movie: That Thing You Do

it's amazing to me that Tom Hanks basically wrote a hit Beatles song, if they had ever performed it.

I’m curious, is liking pineapple on pizza unpopular? I know it’s divisive just like pickles and mayo, but the majority of people like those too.

ranch dressing is also not unpopular but that doesn't keep the snobs from sneering at it

Is this one of those things they call a "hot-take"?

Wow.

It’s amazing that Brasky has his finger so close to the pulse of the Wake Forest student body, despite being out of school for a decade, and you know, never actually attending Wake.

Deep Blue Sea is my favorite "bad" movie.

at first I was thinking about Blue Crush, that surfer girl movie with whatserface in it... because that's one of mine favorite 'bad' movies.

Meh. This is my current breakdown of Wake Forest students. Is it wrong?

50% Kids who didn't get into Duke (or Northwestern or Stanford or Rice or other private schools directly below Ivy level)
20% Athletes
10% Legacies
10% AZNs (from real Asia)
10% Family members of Wake employees

Elon is just the next level down. Same model.

Pretty unfair. No way there are that many Asians.

Pretty unfair. No way there are that many Asians.

Based on the numbers I've seen, it's pretty close assuming the large majority of international students are Asian. It's not 10% Asians from Asian, but more like 7% Asians from Asian and 3% Asian-Americans.

how does the student population at unc charlotte breakdown?

Back