• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I watched Red Sea Diving Resort yesterday and enjoyed it; was surprised to see it's at 30%.

Day after tomorrow. Meet the fockers. Pretty close with the last two bourne movies too, both in the fifties. I like action movies even if they’re kinda dumb I guess.

Surprised Harold and Kumar go to White Castle is at 74%.

Day after tomorrow. Meet the fockers. Pretty close with the last two bourne movies too, both in the fifties. I like action movies even if they’re kinda dumb I guess.

Surprised Harold and Kumar go to White Castle is at 74%.

I've probably watched The Day After Tomorrow 10+ times. As a weather nerd, it's like crack.

Just finished Breaking Bad. Good show, not great. Really predictable (with the exception of a few of Walt's gimmicky science stunts). It was worth watching, but all the "Best show in TV history" stuff...no. Not top 5 for me.

Yeah breaking bad is awful. I tried but I dont believe the walt character. There is no way Cranston is anything but a sniveling beta aging theater nerd. He is not a meth lab drug overlord murderer.

This is also why 24 is unwatchable: a 5'4" out of shape alcoholic cannot take out a cadre of terrorists.

Just finished Breaking Bad. Good show, not great. Really predictable (with the exception of a few of Walt's gimmicky science stunts). It was worth watching, but all the "Best show in TV history" stuff...no. Not top 5 for me.

what are your top 5 then?

Verbs should not be forced into nouns by millennial/twitter speak. I had a 3 hour drive this morning and sports radio kept debating whose "ask" was worse, Dak Prescott's contract "ask" or Antonio Brown's helmet "ask". Ask is not a noun, it is a verb. "The ask" is not correct, and neither is "the install", "the build", "the rebuild" or other bullshit like that. I'm now of the opinion that anyone who uses "ask" as a noun is higher on the stupidity scale than someone saying "akxs". My head might explode when someone starts talking about "the akxs". And "trending" will never be a word, no matter how many times it gets used.

worse to me is the other way around with shit like "adulting"

imagine that's not an unpopular opinion around these parts, though

Last edited:

Yeah breaking bad is awful. I tried but I dont believe the walt character. There is no way Cranston is anything but a sniveling beta aging theater nerd. He is not a meth lab drug overlord murderer.

This is also why 24 is unwatchable: a 5'4" out of shape alcoholic cannot take out a cadre of terrorists.

Good to see this thread get back on track. All the movies you all mentioned that I’ve seen were ones I enjoyed.

Breaking Bad and Orange Is The New Black are the two most overrated tv shows ever.

Speaking of way overrated, AC DC and U2.

Verbs should not be forced into nouns by millennial/twitter speak. I had a 3 hour drive this morning and sports radio kept debating whose "ask" was worse, Dak Prescott's contract "ask" or Antonio Brown's helmet "ask". Ask is not a noun, it is a verb. "The ask" is not correct, and neither is "the install", "the build", "the rebuild" or other bullshit like that. I'm now of the opinion that anyone who uses "ask" as a noun is higher on the stupidity scale than someone saying "akxs". My head might explode when someone starts talking about "the akxs". And "trending" will never be a word, no matter how many times it gets used.

"Ask" as a noun has origins in the 19th century: https://www.dailywritingtips.com/is-ask-a-noun/. So not only is it a super weird thing to be that angry about, but it's not new. If anything, it was probably popularized by sales bros trying to close deals in the 80s.

Anthimera is more fun and figurative and expressive than just being an old fart and I guarantee 2&2 uses words and punctuation outside their intended part of speech/function.

"The thunder would not peace at my bidding" is a great line from Lear. We've been doing this with language for centuries.

Words can mean what we want them to, also they are futile devices.

Is "U2 is overrated" still an unpopular opinion ? Seems like there's a pretty vocal group that trumpets that position pretty regularly.

I think hating on “adulting” doesn’t qualify as unpopular. I also cringe at sammich/sammie and any variants on that bullshit.

I think hating on “adulting” doesn’t qualify as unpopular. I also cringe at sammich/sammie and any variants on that bullshit.

Would also like to add "doggo" and "pupper" to the list of words I irrationally hate.

Back